or Connect

Posts by AJHCFamily

I'm so sorry to hear that the teacher has so many negative things to say. I'm concerned that she expects your son to be acclimated to the environment so soon rather than focusing on helping him develop good habits (putting work away) and steering him towards work that will help his focus and concentration (such as scooping, pouring, sorting, and most practical life works).   I would suggest scheduling a conference and discuss how she can help him develop these...
I observed my daughter's class for an hour this week and I left their walking on cloud nine! It was so exciting to see the class in action. I enjoyed it so much I wanted to share and highly recommend to other parents to observe your child's class.   A little background first...my dd is 4 and in her second year of Montessori. She was very shy last year but really enjoyed the classroom and developed in so many ways. This year she is branching out a little socially and...
DS is easy peasy for his sitters and mostly for DH. Not so for me! I WAH part-time about 20 hours per week so get to overhear him.   Diaper changes have been a nightmare since he could wiggle around about 3 months. He screams, protests, gets angry, you name it....mostly WITH ME! I have asked our sitters (we have 2 regular sitters in our home) if they  have any tricks. They aren't doing anything special. I've tried different ways, locales, times of day, etc. Every...
I don't have experience with this but also wanted to offer support. If you can, try to write down all your questions (even those you don't want to think about) and make sure each is answered/discussed. Being extra cautious at this point is worth it. Would you daughter role play with a doll to show you how she was hurt (the hurt she says is from Jill)?
Ovulating?   I had sudden intense pain during latch on and initial periods of nursing when I started ovulating again when DD1 was 20+ months. It would happen for 2-3 days with varying levels of pain, then it would disappear completely until the next month. It was a mystery to me for a couple of months, but sure enough, on schedule the pain came each month. I asked around and my LLL and almost very few people had heard of it or experienced it.
Thanks for the responses. I'm thinking the 5 day thing would be too long, but we will likely try the one-night in the spring. Yes, the kids are close to their grandparents and I will probably work on more evening babysitting from them to work up to it. Like many people who responded, I couldn't fathom leaving my first for even a whole day let alone one night, but it has been important to me this time around to build better attachment to other dear family members and...
DH and I are contemplating two getaways. One overnight for our anniversary when babe is 13 months old and another about 5 days when DS is 18-20 months. For the first we would ask grandparents to stay at our house. For the second DS and DD (4 yo) would stay with Grandparents at their house...same grandparents both times.   I would have never considered this with DD first time around. She was glued to me round the clock, but DS is used to a babysitter while I work...
Wow, those are great ideas! Very inspiring and positive. Thank you!
What do you do to pick yourself up when you are in a work slump (other than daydream about quitting over and over again!)? I like my job a lot, but sometimes just get caught in a slump. For me it happens when I am bored with aspects of my project plus overtired. I feel like I just stare at the computer making little progress and waiting for my "hours" to end, but I don't work based on hours. I work based on deliverables so wasting time is just dragging out the...
Great, thanks for all the responses.