or Connect

Posts by dogmom327

Best of luck. These things tend to be long and painful for all involved 
I am so sorry mama! That whole situation would be unacceptable to me (I'm a vulnerable wreck during pregnancy too). I was just commenting to someone the other day that I am way too crazy to handle not knowing who will be at my birth, needing to leave my home for it, etc. That's me and I have to accept it to maintain a decent mental state while pregnant. That being said, I know you don't have a lot of options. I'd probably look at a UC and go to the birth center for the...
So does the mother know where her baby is at? Is there a chance she's going to come back for the kids today? Are we talking hardcore drugs or something like pot?   We went through something similar with my sister so first, I'm sorry.    If the mother knows where the baby is, what is she planning on the aunt doing for food? Did she leave breastmilk or formula?   If we're talking about hardcore drugs and you believe the baby to be in danger either from exposure...
I did the morning of the start of labor both times. More like waking up feeling like I had something important going on that day and needed to get my act together. Labor started mid-afternoon with both kids.
I will be really surprised if mine doesn't show up in the next few days.
Your birth kit for the chux pads, etc. Maybe a brief conversation with your midwife now as to what your partner can do to assist you and under what circumstances you'll want to call 911. I know several people this has happened to (and to be fair I know a LOT of home birthers so I'm not implying it's common or anything) and really when the baby comes that fast there is rarely any sort of problem. Just keep mom and baby warm (throw a receiving blanket over baby and keep...
This season has gone really fast. I hope they get the house thing figured out. It just doesn't seem like the current system is sustainable.
You're not alone...
Oregon has very liberal laws for midwives although my understanding is that it is changing (and an argument can be made that the current laws are too liberal). However most of the MW around here are not CNM's.
I completely understand where you are coming from. This pregnancy has been really hard on my body and both DH and I are feeling done. Neither of us is comfortable with a permanent solution as there are potential side effects that aren't fixable.   I'm also leaning towards Paraguard. We've used NFP very successfully (never had an accident) but we both find it to be miserable for various reasons. We have small children and own a business, there's enough getting in the...