or Connect

Posts by Sheal

I had a situation two summers ago where a battery "exploded" randomly and hit my oldest son in the shoulder. I called the manufacturer and explained the situation and this is what she told me. They use a material that is all natural, they no longer use materials that are considered unsafe for skin contact. It is a powder inside the battery that can be found in the natural environment (don't remember what the name of that is though). It is not corrosive like car battery...
My SIL does this. Drives me bat crap crazy. She only did it once to one of my kids and has never done it again because I let her have it big time. I ripped her a new one for it. I find this "tradition" very mean and very inappropriate. What do people think is going to happen? I mean I'd cry too if someone shoved my face in a cake.
That is definitely one I would have called on and spoken to the woman about. Dogs do not take precedence over children. I am a major fanatic for proper car seat use. Good call and yes, you did the right thing.
Quote: Originally Posted by VroomieMama I was wondering if you're willing to take up ASL (american sign language) classes to communicate with your child to make it easier for you and your child so that your child don't have to feel uncomfortable making eye contact with you but can see what you're signing. I'm saying this because I'm deaf and if a hearing person tried to make me to lipread the person's lip, I'd turn defensive and ignore the...
In my manual (and yes I pulled it out to go over it with a fine tooth comb after reading this) it says apparently that my set has this feature too! PITA for cleaning shoes that can go in the washer but I'll take shoes flying out over hurt baby any day, I can do shoes by hand for the added bonus of a release mechanism on my front loaders and peace of mind (not that I'd stop locking the two doors with keys just because of it though). Mine are Frigidaire matching set or were...
Quote: Originally Posted by Sasharna Sort of. I guess I will echo the PP in a way. The other day I saw an adult demanding that a child with autism look her in the face while talking. The adult's voice was very gentle and it seemed very likely that she was doing something she believed to be correct and beneficial. I find this interesting... I have an autistic child who is also neurologically deaf. I need her to see my mouth moving and...
Quote: Originally Posted by FondestBianca I don't think graveyards are any more "haunted" than in other place. However, disturbing any kind of scared place can stir things up. So, while a headstone is haunted it's little scared place in the ground could hold some energy that lies dorment until something screws with it. Maybe sort of a respect issue?? I grew up across from a cemetary and found it to be a very quiet, peaceful place. I'd go for walks or...
Speaking wholly on paranormal stand point and assuming it is a paranormal phenomena it is not necessarily the house itself than can hold paranormal activity. The land it is built on can hold the paranormal activity and manifest in the house on the land. This is why paranormal researchers research architectural histories of not only the building structure but the land as well. A set of houses could have been torn down and yours rebuilt there, or a building of sorts from...
Quote: Originally Posted by Harmony08 I agree with that. I just came on here to add on or edit that DH is in law school and works ALL the time so for me to actually leave is a little more than a bottle. We have to plan it out because he is very busy, his time is very full. A month ago I said I wanted to have an afternoon with girl friends this month. He is open to it but it does mess up his schedule and I guess I feel kind of guilty. It...
It took me a long time to realize myself that it's not always convenient but necessary. My hubbs is a tow truck driver, long hours, long nights spent "single parenting" while being married. It's annoying, it's frustrating and it's a change in an established routine that not a single person would ever admit to liking. If he goes does this give him opportunity to mingle with others in the field he is studying? Does this mean a leg up for him when he is finished studying...