or Connect

Posts by SkiMama36

Quote: Originally Posted by Chamomile Girl I guess I do not understand the Donna Reed mentality. No Donna Reed mentality here. I just know how to run a house. DH and I BOTH work to have the roof and walls, and we do it because we love our jobs as well. DH and I both take responsiblity for the running of the household, but to be fair, our kids have set responsibilities (ie: vacuuming their rooms, keeping stuff off the floor, kitty pan duty)...
Just my two cents...but, if you are a stay-at-home person then upkeeping the house to a conventional standard of neatness is YOUR responsibility first. Your DH is working to have the roof and the walls that surround you there and it's your job to work at keeping the inside running smoothly and whether your DH is a clean-freak or not, it just sounds like as a housekeeper you could use either outside help (which the expense of is daunting when there is only one income) or a...
Well, if this is a conservative state/county, she's going to have an uphill battle. Everything that she does that is perceived as "different" is going to be used against her. I hope she has a good lawyer....
Quote: Originally Posted by Shaina no i wouldnt want to be tho. the reason being that i dont want to be in the system what if for some reason you needed to go into hiding What difference would having fingerprints filed have if you go into "hiding". Are you going to cancel your SSN if you make a run for the hills???
I have a TOP SECRET clearance, I've been printed many, many times in my government career and have no problem with it, whatsoever. Not really sure why anyone would care if they were printed or not?
We all laughed so hard when this was on last year!!! :
Interesting responses! My dh has no problem (nor do I) with my exh coming in the house--he has always been so respectful of me and dh and dh's relationship with our son. His coming over/in has never been an issue. But, both dh and I absolutely do not want his ex's negative energy in our home, our sanctuary, ever. She's just too volatile and I don't want her being in my "space". It's just not something I'm interested in and she's not really pushed the issue.
Just a query. We don't-as it (to me) crosses a boundary that I just don't want crossed, and DH completely concurs--but I am curious as to what others do. Thanks for the input!
WOW!!! It is SO refreshing to see points of view that are so eloquently conveyed. THIS is why I have come to this forum in the past! THESE types of thought-provoking, useful ideas and coping mechanisms as well as just plain support. Really, honestly--you guys are great. : I certainly did know what I was getting into: a wonderful relationship with a man who is my absolute best friend and supporter in the whole world; he gets on with my son (and my ex)...
Quote: Originally Posted by fek&fuzz Parents have sex when their children are in the other room. Parents and stepparents have sex. You can't deny visitation because you think your ex is going to have sex while your son is there. I would really focus on safety issues - have your lawyer talk to his lawyer about who will do child care, ensuring a safe physical environment, etc. A lot of family law attorneys recommend that their clients also hire a...