or Connect

Posts by danaalex

hi! i just wanted to update this thread. i am still living in the house, which is hard. but, i did qualify for food stamps. so, that helps with the cost of the house. i went to not using my credit cards, which has been such a help! basically, i pay all bills when they come in. use the food stamps for our food ( which is not a lot of money at all for 6 people, but i shop at aldi and i make a TON from scratch using the hillbilly housewife site). every little bit helps i...
hi. i posted here once in may. but i don't really have much to report, as i'm not really "dating." however, i did want to say i read the book, mars and venus on a date. i read it before i really start dating so that i could be prepared better. i haven't dated since i was 19. and that was a crazy long time ago. so, i want to make sure i'm as educated as i can be, lol. i am glad i read it for one reason so far. basically, it explains that men show much interest in...
hi! sorry for the lag time between updates. my kids are all under 8. the youngest two are 2.5 and 16 mo. so, they would qualify. i am looking for a job, which is a touch tricky because of the whole child care issue. i'd have two full timers, if i put the other three in school in the fall. we are not divorced yet. i do not get any alimony at all. we have been married 10 years. i am trying to make changes as fast as i can. i went from not worrying about money at...
hi! i'm jumping in here though i'm not dating anyone and i have no idea if i will be in the near future. i'm separated, not divorced yet. in my state you have to do one year before you can file for divorce. so, i'm in the process now. i guess i'm here mainly to learn and to ask some questions. like, why do some of you not date men with children? i'm reading the book men are from mars and it has really helped me realize a lot of myself and men as well. i am reading...
i didn't read the entire message word for word. i brought this right of first refusal thing up to my STBX on saturday. i planned a brief vacation to see a friend in june. told him about it about 1.5 -2 months before so that i could see if he wanted to watch the kids or if he wanted me to find someone to do it. he agreed he would watch them. on sat night he basically told me that i TOLD HIM i was leaving and he was watching the kids and he had no choice. i reminded...
my kids' father and i have separted, and i'm having to learn how to live on much less money than i was living on before. unfortunately, i'm not doing a very good job. and i'm racking up credit card debit very fast! i've asked him for more money, and he won't do it. i am going to discuss some things with him regarding the house and where i live with the kids, but i don't think it will go in my favor. that said, i need some advice on how to make my money go as far as it...
i have 5 kids, all 8 and under. however, our lives didn't really change at all after their dad moved out. he worked pretty much all the time, and wasn't really into "family time." the kids and i figured it all out as we went along, and after he left we just kept doing what we'd been doing. i even enrolled the oldest two in dance and soccer this year. FIRST time ever, because i realized that if *I* didn't just suck it up and deal with all the driving and what not they...
you are not crazy! you are doing the right thing. it will take some time to believe that in your own head, but you'll get there. i wish i had left my husband years ago, when i only had one little baby. but, i didn't. i let his words and actions rip me of every once of self confidence, self esteem, and self worth i had. i had 5 kids, and stayed because i believed i had no choice. well, i finally woke up!!! i don't want to raise my kids in an environment like that. they...
my situation got really bad almost a year ago. and it took me until NOW pretty much to finally get over the drowning, sinking, can't do this phase/ feelings. now, i feel better. my kids have told me the past couple days that i look HAPPY! that i'm smiling from the minute i get up. and while i know it's not going to be easy, i've accepted this as my future, whatever it may hold for me. and *I* will make it good. not someone else, ME!!! it's a journey. be gentle and...
i started a book called "fighting For your marriage." i think it's a divorce stopping book. i enjoyed what i read a lot. i stopped reading it because i reazlied my issues with my marriage and spouse went far beyond the things they were addressing in that book. and also because my husband didn't see any issues in the marriage as long as we were doing things HIS way. and he isn't interested in making changes right now. but, i do think it is a worthy read. lots of good...