or Connect

Posts by gottothinkpositive

all very good advice ladies...thank you so much for caring to help with other alternatives...its good to hear other poeples perspectives and my gutt was teling me that he is too young to understand my reaseons and redirecting is working great...so is distracting when the tantrum starts up. My mom would disagree but this is what i want to do...my thoughts are he is only 18 months...thanks again!!!!
hey there so i received some sites with great instructions on how to do this but when sewing on the tab to the prefold its too bulky and the sewing machine cant go through it...any suggestions on how to do this...the instructions i was using is form the below site. http://www.diapersewing.com/prefold_to_fitted.htm they are using birds eye but i want to use my CPF. Any help???
i like what you have to say here and this is what i am doing 99.9% of the time...*(i dont go around smacking his hand every time i want to discipline him)...so i will keep doing this but i will explain more of what i do want him to do and i think i will redirect more then i have...i will stop the hand tapping "smacking" thank you very much for your encouraging words. Quote: Originally Posted by LynnS6 I would highly recommend: Becoming the Parent you...
also good, and i have noticed this happening with other situations. Quote: Originally Posted by ABand3 Maybe he won't grasp it the first time, but yes, at 18 months he will learn so quickly. Talk to him like he does understand, as short and simple as you can at first. Constantly explain, show him, talk about everything when he's upset and when he's not. You will have to repeat yourself over again many times, but he will get it. I think you'd be...
good point. thanks Quote: Originally Posted by LolaK I think two things: 1) You may be underestimating what he understands. My daughter was slow to talk but she clearly understood complex directions and ideas VERY early. 2) It isn't only about what he understands at this moment. Like anything, you plant the seeds now and build on them over time. For instance, I started talking to my daughter about taking turns and sharing at about 20 months. ...
ok thanks for your posts ladies have a good week.
yea of course i would explain to him about things that are dangerous and show him the right way but again he is only 18 months and he wont grasp all of that at this age. Quote: Originally Posted by lalaland42 For the climbing on toys thing and climbing on chairs thing, this is my approach. With DD, I allowed her to do "dangerous" things like climb on chairs if I was there holding her hand. I let her explore things other parents wouldn't let her at if...
thanks for the suggestion...yea he isnt screaming and saying something...its just a ear drum popping ahahahahah but i will start to whisper and see what happens...i just feel like it dosent work because he is so ahahahaha he isnt paying attention to what i am saying or doing... i dont like to spank his hand and i do feel bad when i do, but its what i know i guess....and like i already said twice it isnt working so i dont want to keep doing something that dosent work and...
its a tantrum i guess...its when he dosent get what he wants or if i need to change his diaper... when you say to say all of this Try, in a calm soft voice "I am sorry you are sad/frustrated/angry. Mommy cannot let you do X because it isn't safe and it is mommy's job to keep you safe. Mommy loves you and is right here if you need a hug." Suggest something that he is allowed to do. I don't see any reason to punish my child for having a temper tantrum dont you...
Do you agree with what your parent's or friends are telling you to do? Do you think they are right or does your gut instinct tell you they are wrong? With my mom i do feel like she is a bit too strict on things and i am more laxed then she is.... Hitting your child might not teach your child to hit you (a smart kid isn't going to hit the big bully, but the smaller, more vulnerable person after all) but it will teach your child to hit to solve problems. you...