or Connect

Posts by gottothinkpositive

Quote: Originally Posted by eclipse I think you have unrealistic expectations for an 18 month old. If you are not willing to accept that you are wrong for hitting a baby and putting them in a time out, then you will likely not get much support here. first of all i said i tried time out once...i agree at this age he doesn't get it as i said in the first post. i dont think my child is emotionally scared for life for this one 20 sec time...
one more thing... i have tried this Dr sears suggestion about the screaming and they say to put your finger to your mouth and say shhhhhhh pretty basic but i have been doing it all day...and also whispering "small voices" so i will try this for awhile and see how it goes. they also recommend going to a designated spot to scream and the child can only scream at this spot so if the child screams and isn't in his "screaming spot" then remind him where it is appropriate to...
i had a feeling i would get feed back about the smacking... my house is baby proofed quite well but its other situations like standing on top of his toy...trying to climb the chair and the screaming when he docent get his way. i have read a lot of info on the web that states at this age they do know how to manipulate the parents...not manipulation like adults or older kids can do by any means. My parents hit me and i would never ever dare to hit them back...i dont...
when i discipline my 18th month old he doesn't even seem to care...he just keeps doing his thing...if i tell him no an remove him from the situation he may scream or do nothing at all.... if absolutely needed i will smack his hand and he doesn't even care...how am i to discipline my child. i dont remember my daughter being like this...when his dad tells him no sometimes he may cry but with me...i get nothing...does he not respect me? am i giving him too much credit he is...
HI, i have been a stay at home mom for about 2 weeks...and these first two weeks were great...i was cleaning so much and organizing, but now that i find i have to keep doing this and it dosent stay that way so it has become less fulfilling. so i am realizing that i need to start scheduling daily activities for my 18 month old and i to get out of the house and just switch up the day a bit...sometimes i take a nap and i feel guilty about it...why am i feeling guilty? i guess...
Quote: Originally Posted by woobysma Yep, my dear mom's like that - sahm, wahm, pt working-mom/student, FT woh with one job or two... she's been everything under the sun and she is ALWAYS super stressed and busy. I was following her down that path, too, until recently, when I realized "um, I don't want to be that hectic." It's not the "badge of honor" I see my mom treat it as. I love my mom to death, but she makes me stressed out just hearing about her...
WHAT DO YOU GUYS think about this? from a website: First of all, baking soda is used as a dry shampoo for dogs or cats. As cleaners for pets are not covered by The Medicine Act of Health in Japan, it does not matter what compounds they contain. If something harmful happens, production is merely stopped. This can not be the case for a product applied to humans. In fact, there would be some problems if baking soda were used for shampoo/soap for humans. For...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- i only wash my hair every three days but i do use a conditioner everyday....i want to try no pooing because it seems cheaper then my organic hair stuff...what can i do for tangles that can be used everyday...i can wash with BS every 2-3 days and do the ACV rinse after every 2-3 poos as suggested but what do i do in between...i need to have something soft added in my shower everyday or its a...
i only wash my hair every three days but i do use a conditioner everyday....i want to try no pooing because it seems cheaper then my organic hair stuff...what can i do for tangles that can be used everyday...i can wash with BS every 2-3 days and do the ACV rinse after every 2-3 poos as suggested but what do i do in between...i need to have something soft added in my shower everyday or its a big tangle mess...i have curly hair...plerase let me know what i can do. thanks
My son is 18 months and the last week he is sleeping more then usual. He is going tired at 7:30 and wake up at 8:30 -9:00 then after being awake for maybe an hour he is sleppy again....take about 2-3 hour nap and then around five he is tired again but i usally dont put him down....he most of the time take a 2nd nap around 3 if we are home for about 1-2 hours...is this normal. DH and i notice he is tired more then usual...he is teething as well but i am not sure if this...