or Connect

Posts by angie7

I'm an atheist (as is my child's father even tho we are not together) We have a tree and some snowman decorations around but that's it. We celebrate the original meaning of xmas, the winter solstice. It's a time for family and showing love and appreciation to those we love and cherish. My twins are 4.5 and have yet to ask any questions. Mostly b/c we keep everything religion free, including their school. I know the time will come when they ask and I plan to tell them...
Had a mini break down today. My bf and I were xmas shopping for the kids and to be honest, I just wish I could forget about xmas. It's just a big ol' reminder that I no longer have a family. My bf is amazing and understands what I've been through. He knows how DV can effect someone as he's a cop and sees it first hand. As I tell him, you see it when it happens, now you get to see the scars that it leaves. But anyways, I started crying in the middle of the store bc this...
4.5 year old twins, completely unvaxed, no VPD's.
I just moved from Indiana to a suburb outside Tampa and  I'm needing a babysitter on a few occasions (date nites, etc.) Maybe just a few times a month for a few hours. Does anyone know of a good referral site or where to start to look?   TIA!
I would love to seek therapy b/c I think it would help but my ins isn't that great, I'm not getting much child support right now so money is tight. I have thought about seeking help from a local DV shelter, just haven't had the guts yet. As far as the relationship with my parents now. The only communication I have with them is when they want to talk to my kids. I decided that I would not rob my children of their grandparents when all this happened. Before I moved, they...
I'm going to try and make this as short as possible. I was married for 9 years and have 4.5 year old twin girls. From the outside looking in, my marriage was great but inside, a living hell. For the duration of my marriage, anger issues and domestic violence was escalating and by the end of our marriage, things were getting really bad. The last attack killed my unborn baby and I got some things together, money saved and left my husband 6 months later. I packed up my...
My boyfriend's 9.5 year old son has juvenile diabetes. He was dx in Jan of last year after lapsing into a coma and dying! Luckily the doctors brought him back to life and he has been struggling with the disease since. He has had several surgeries already to remove over 50-75% of his toes on both feet due to poor circulation.   My questions are is there any type of detox or anything natural that I could start him on to help? I've been looking at clay as a possible...
I currently live in Indiana and have a wonderful and supportive no vax friendly doctor. I have 4 y/o twin girls that are completely vax free. I'm moving to florida in a month and need to find a doctor just for general check ups and meds if they need them. I don't want to mess with an er if I don't have. I will be moving to a suburb outside of tampa, does anyone have a good recommendation? Also I know they have a religious waiver in Florida, the same as they do in...
My twins were born prematurely at 30 weeks. I started pumping right away and had problems from day 1 producing enough milk for them. At first, no problem since they were little (around 3lbs each) but as they grew, my supply seemed to dwindle. I tried mother's tea, fenugrek, etc with no help. I continued to pump what I could but had to start supplementing formula. Neither one ever really took to the breast by the time they could nurse so I had to continue to pump. They came...
I just had my stray drop 6 kittens on us. Her first signs was panting and then within hours they were born. It's been a fun ride that's for sure. They are 4 weeks old now and an absolute joy! GL and have fun. Let her do the work and you just follow her lead. Read what you can about problems and such and look out for those but she will know what to do.