or Connect

Posts by angie7

Has your dog been health tested for eyes, thyriod, hips, heart? These are specialized tests to see if your dog genetically is sound for breeding (this is not regular checkups performed by your vet). Has your dog been judged by experts in the breed to deem him worthy of breeding based on what the breed is suppose to look like and what they were orginally intended to do? Has he achieved a champion status with the AKC to deem him worthy and in good shape? Does he have a CGC...
Quote: TBH, sounds like she just may not like dogs. Better she admits it now than when he is older, and she just harbors that resentment towards her DH, I think. She claims to be an animal lover and has a house full of animals. 5 dogs (well 4 now), 6 cats, fish, rats. 2 of the dogs are my brother's from before and are very old. She hates them with a passion but he refuses to rehome them b/c of their age. Her other 2 are "perfect" in her eyes. Ones an...
this isn't a new road for me, having fosters that is but it's the circumstances that I'm upset with. He is my brother's dog. They got him when he was 12 weeks old and he is now approx 1. He is an absolute doll. Has the biggest, sweetest disposition you could ask for. The problem is, he is a "chewer". He likes shoes, glasses, socks, etc. Things that can very easily be picked up and put away. I got a call yesterday from my brother in tears stating that he chewed his wife's...
*UPDATE* Well she finally responding back to me claiming her computer was in the shop...Anyways, the deaf Dane in question will be coming to live with me in a few weeks. We are moving this weekend to our new house and I'm going to give us at least a week (probably 2) before I go and get her for everyone to settle in. We will be using a wireless fence so this is new to me. I've never had one, always had an actual fence but the way our property is, a fence is not...
I've BTDT and it is absolutely the hardest thing to do I rescued a Great Dane from an abusive situation and after 2 years of intense training, he just would not break the cycle. He was aggressive towards women and children and went after me several times. He never bit me, but he did leave marks and scratches with his teeth. The last straw was him going after me while I was pregnant with our twins. We put him down the next day. It was so hard but something we had to do. He...
It's in some, not many in the children's vaccines anymore. Mercury is only seen in trace amounts in some childhood vaccines. Here is a list of inserts http://vaccinesafety.edu/package_inserts.htm these will tell you which ones have trace amounts and which one don't.
Thanks! We plan on putting a cat door in our basement door so the cats can have their own little area if they want it plus it keeps the litterbox out of the main level of the house. But we also plan to put the dogs down their occasionally too. I already have recliners and I plan to get a couch or 2 for them to lay on. That way, when we have company or parties, I don't have to worry about the animals and they will be safe and comfy. I think I'm just going to wing it,...
No. That is too short of notice and you let it slip once, and they'll keep doing it. Keep the time and see if they can come later, if not...then perhaps they should plan better Quote: I don't know if you want to preserve whatever relationship you do have with your mother and SIL but not working around their schedule limitations would surely increase the apparent rift. Good luck and happy birthday to your little one. If they are really that petty...
Ugh A friend of mine preggo with twins just got vaxed for the seasonal flu AND H1N1 within a few weeks of each other I kindly tried to tell her that she needed to research and that there are no long term studies on either vax and pg women. She said "I trust my doctor and he told me what to do"...Whatever. No advice for you but I know how you feel.
Quote: Originally Posted by claras_mom Since the uncapped pipe was concealed by the ceiling drywall, you'd have to prove they knew it was in there. Unless they were the original owners of the house, it's always possible that the damage, in the form of substandard work, was done by a previous owner and that through dumb luck they never turned on the heat in that room and discovered what you did. Quote: Why didn't the inspector test...