or Connect

Posts by angie7

Quote: Originally Posted by mamassong Do your DDs have trouble choosing clothes? And I'm just curious, do they sometimes say or speak rudely to eachother? Or is it just reserved for you or other caregivers? No, they really don't care. If it's just a lazy day, I let them chose whatever they want but if we are going someplace, I usually give them a choice between two outfits and they hardly ever argue with me on it. As far as being rude to...
My kids were born into a house full of pets but got their "own" when they were 2 which was a kitten Considering that won't work for you, I would suggest a mouse, rat or guinea pig. Also reptiles can make good pets although their feeding requirements (besides a snake) can become a pain (constantly having to go to the pet store for crickets, worms, etc.) The best and by far the easiest pets are snakes. I've had every pet you could imagine from frogs to turtles, to dogs,...
Thank you. I've done time outs and are still doing them consistently. They mostly don't care. I am constantly telling them to be nice, not to scream, etc. This isn't a new thing as it didn't start yesterday, it's been an ongoing issue for the last few months but I'm finally reaching my breaking point. I will keep being consistent and know that it's a phase but it's not a good one.
Oh geez...I'm in trouble (don't look at my sig!) I have a ton of critters and love it! We are getting ready to move to 9.5 acres and looking forward to having a farm full of chickens, goats, peacocks and eventually horses. Call my crazy, but I love my animals! My house is always clean and ready for company. I've often had people walk in my home and say "I thought you had animals" I think 15 cats is a little much but if they are well taken care of, who cares.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lydiah When the news reports "healthy" people dying, I really dont pay attention because I have a very different definition of what healthy really is. For all i know the child lived with smokers, and ate McDonalds and candy everyday. The CDC would consider the child healthy, I however do not. You are absolutely correct on this one! OP: it is frustrating. While I don't care what other people think, I am still...
Quote: Originally Posted by zinemama "Your dd is in my thoughts [or prayers if you pray]. Please tell me what I can do for you. A meal? Babysitting your other child [if applicable]? Anything you need, just let me know." That's what you say. You do not talk about vaccines or what you think the doctor did wrong or ANYTHING of that nature to them, UNLESS they specifically ask for your opinion. What they need is support right now. Not someone to make...
:
I'm not sure where the "mean" came in. If one of them hits the other one, I say something like "we don't hit each other, that's not nice". They might have gotten in from TV tho With us renovating our new house for the last 6 months, I have resorted to TV sometimes. My mom has been watching them a lot too during this time and they get away with murder with her so they really could have gotten it from a show. They aren't in school yet or daycare. I plan to put them in...
For starters, I'm very familiar with the breed. I have one now, had 4 in my life and was heavily involved in GD rescue several years ago before some medical conditions got in the way. Anyways, the dog in question was my very first rescue. She came to me when she was 5.5 months old, her owners said she was stupid but turned out she is deaf. I rehomed her with a friend of mine where she has happily lived for the last 7-8 years. Well the friend and I had a falling out a few...