or Connect

Posts by angie7

OP: I'm sorry that you have to rehome your dog and you probably feel you are being picked on by others stating your dog is a mutt but sadly, they are correct. Your local pound is full of these types of dogs and just b/c both parents were purebred and they created your pup with a fancy label on her, does not make her anymore rare or special then the 3 mixes I have laying at my feet. You were duped when you bought her. You fell right into the trap that many of these...
I'm a HUGE animal lover (you can tell by my sig ) and even though I have snakes, I do love rats and mice. But, I draw the line at wild animals in my house, especially mice. They carry nasty diseases, fleas, etc. I have 2 cats that take care of our mouse problem. We are moving to a house on 9 acres next week and one of our cats is already out there and taking care of the mice trying to get in (she doesn't eat them but kills them) I hate it, but I don't want them in my...
That sounds harsh I know but that's how I feel. I have 3.5 year old twin girls (they will be 4 in March) They are so bossy and scream at me for what seems like anything right now. This morning, they were eating breakfast. They have these beanie baby toys that my mom got them. One's a deer and the other a giraffe. Well I was bored so I started to pretend that the deer was whispering secrets in my ear and she would hop over and give them each kisses. I got screamed at for...
My best friend from high school was admitted to the hospital today for preterm labor and hospital bedrest. She is 23 weeks pregnant with triplet boys. She is in preterm labor, having irregular contractions but not dialated. Her cervix is nearly gone but they are going to a do a clerage tomorrow morning. They are a little over a 1 pound each right now and WAY too early to be born. My twins were born at 30 weeks and know how terrified she is right now. She lives in another...
that pretty much sums it up. I HATE the thought of turning 30. It sounds so.....old I have dreaded this day since I was a little kid. I'm not joking, I always thought 30 was the magical age where you grew up. Even though I'm married and have 2 kids, I feel that in 10 days, I will officially be an *gulp* adult and that makes me old. I don't want to even celebrate my birthday, I really honestly don't. We are moving into our new house on the 14th and I just...
The Earth constantly changes. It has gone through ice ages, etc. so of course it will continue to change. Are we speeding it up? perhaps. My dh works for a company that does emmision testing for the EPA. They climb the smoke stacks of power plants and test the chemicals that it releases. Of course he can't tell me the vast majority of his job b/c it is confidential but he does tell me enough to know that we are not speeding up global warming as fast as they say we are....
Quote: Hang on... so the baby isn't intersexed at all, then? Just regular ol' 100% female? Yep, she's all girl! Quote: I wonder if they are telling family members/friends this now (about the cyst) because they want everyone to forget about the fact that she was intersexed and just think of her as a girl. You and I think alike b/c this was my first thought as well. I asked my mom this and she said "well I don't think so b/c...
Thanks everyone for all the ideas! We do have a college based pre-school that is close to us that I might look into. I know a woman that works there so that would be nice too. I was just trying to find other options besides just 1, kwim??
I live in the MidWest, bible belt as some call it Might have to look a bit harder maybe...
Well, my question is pretty much the title of the thread. Are there any preschools that are not religious? I can not find one anywhere near me. My girls are 3.5 and begging to go to school so I thought I would start looking into it but we are family of Atheists. While we don't plan to raise them as Atheists but rather free thinkers, I don't want my young child expose to church anything at this age. So how do you find a good school that has no bible/god talk???