or Connect

Posts by meg-momto2

Linda, yes 2nd grade would be the appropriate grade for him. Your packet is a wonderful idea and something I can do easily. Thank you. And I was the one who started that thread in the SN board.
Thank you ollyoxenfree. I didn't mean to sound resistant to the schools request. I was home schooled for 7th & 8th grade and didn't take any sort of testing before entering public high school. I didn't know if this was something they would provide or help with or if it was all up to me. I would love to get things in motion as far as a IEP or 504 plan or evaluation before school even starts but it didn't sound like that was an option. I asked to speak with the counselor...
I wasn't sure where to post this. Here or Learning at school. I hope this was the right place. I'm hoping you'll be able to help me. My DS is returning to public school for second grade. We home schooled this year for first grade. When I picked up the packet for enrollment they said they needed something showing he has learned his first grade curriculum. Our curriculum has been all over the place but most recently all online. DS was just diagnosed with Sensory...
Thank Emmeline and savithny. Your post were very helpful.
My son will be returning to public school this fall after being home schooled this past year. We had an absolutely awful kindergarten year and he was evaluated for spectrum disorders and ADHD with no signs of either but did find he's highly gifted. We keep him home this year while we sorted things out. He just got his OT evaluation and was diagnosed with SPD. He'll be entering second grade at the same school he attended kindergarten. I could use some help navigating...
Whoops, I had edited my original post several times and forget to leave in that he's getting an OT evaluation in June.  He has fantastic motor skills but loathes writing.     Lynn, thanks for the tips about mixing things up.  I get so stuck in a pattern with him that I sometimes forget to think outside the box.  Thanks for the book recommendation.  I'll check it out.     Roar, he loves screen time.  I don't mind him doing stuff on the computer but I've had a hard...
I'm really struggling with my son.  He's 7yo and in first grade.  I'm homeschooling him this year after an awful year in public school kindergarten.  He has absolutely no desire to learn anything.  Getting him to do even the most basic school work is a constant battle.  He was evaluated last year they couldn't find any signs of disorders just highly gifted.  We've been seeing a psychologist this month who suspects he has SPD issues which is what I thought the problem was...
hi pigpokey, i need to find someone who will see me within a month or two.  i got on Dr. Owen's waiting list when we moved here and i didn't get a call from them for over a year at which point i had already found a pediatrician for my kids.  it wouldn't hurt to get back on her list though.  thanks.    anyone else have any recommendations?
i'm in need of a good endo. who actually treats patients based on symptoms not just numbers.  i'd be willing to skip the endo. and pay out of pocket for a naturopath who is well versed in thyroid/adrenal issues.  i'd appreciate any input or recommendations you may have.
double post