or Connect

Posts by BarefootinBrooklyn

Thanks for the quick reply! Do you know about Apollo Beach at all? From a real estate search it looks like a mix of older homes and gated communities...We'll probably skip looking around Fish Hawk then, haha. :)
My husband is interviewing at a company in the Tampa area and I'd love to hear from people who live nearby--where do you live and why is it awesome (or not)? We're originally from Melbourne on the East Coast and are trying to head back to FL after some time living out of state.    We are hoping to live near water and our initial online search has pointed us toward Apollo Beach, Riverview...any other great ideas of where to explore? The company is in Fish Hawk so...
Just wanted to share that I was 41+3 on Wednesday and finally had my baby boy early Thursday morning...I was in tears each day before he came, wondering if it would ever happen, and fearing I'd risk out of the birth center. Lots of on and off contractions finally got "real" on Wednesday and my labor was so quick once it really started. A big "hang in there" to all those who still are...   Things I was trying, if anyone needs some inspiration...   Evening primrose...
Just wanted to pop in and say that our son Declan arrived yesterday just after midnight, July 7th. My EDD was June 26th and I was getting ready to risk out of the birth center but he came on his own, when he was ready, fast and furious. It was an intense and beautiful birth, just 3 hours of really "active" labor once my water broke, and 15 minutes of pushing. He came out with his little hand in his mouth! I did have a postpartum hemorrhage and retained placenta, an...
Still here also at 41+2...have an ultrasound fluid check with my midwives this morning. Been having off & on hours of contractions here and there, starting to feel deeper and more crampy so that has to mean things are changing (I'm telling myself). If I pass 42 weeks I can't use the free standing birth center (but could use the hospital with my same midwives) so I REALLY hope baby joins us soon. On July 4th we walked 2 miles each way to the fireworks and on the way back...
41 weeks here! Mild regular contractions all morning so hoping things pick up at some point soon...seems like I get a round of them each day that fizzles out but today they do feel a little deeper...thinking good thoughts for you & all the June crossover mamas!
Beautiful story, thanks for sharing! Welcome Cosima!
Crossing over from June, still waiting on my little one who will definitely be a July baby at this point! My Edb was June 26th, so I've got my hopes up for this week ahead!
Loving all these pictures...still waiting on my June baby (who will now be a July one!) and seeing these beautiful little ones is a great reminder that eventually mine will be here too...
The new moon is July 1st! I had my heart set on a June baby, but a New Moon July 1st baby would be pretty darn cool too. My daughter was born with the Full Moon so I like the idea of them being different "moon babies."   Woke up last night at 2:30am, there was a thunderstorm in progress and I was starving...sat listening to the rain & thunder while I ate some yogurt and sure enough started contractions at 4-8 minutes apart for an hour. I went to bed thinking, if this...