or Connect

Posts by Mommy To Baby Roni

Well, the time has already come. They are vaccinating gay men in the UK. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6342105.stm?ls
I wouldn't even sign it with an "X" through it. I'd discuss with the ped. that you are willing to sign an edited version of the waiver, if their current waiver says anything about you acknowledging you are being negligent by not vaccinating and acknowledge that your child may caus another child to get a vpd from your unvaccinated child. That's just my opinion because I wouldn't want those words anywhere near any document I was signing. My dd's ped refused to allow me...
My 19yr old god daughter has a very weak immune system that she's wanting to rebuild, now that I've told her she can change it. Here's a little info: 19yr old female fully vaxed - MMR last summer deviated septum from broken nose results in breating difficulties when sick/allergies lactose intolerant frequent sinus infections (and other colds) antibiotics many times in the past few years drop a hat & she gets sick She currently does not take ANY vitamins and...
Just because you don't vax doesn't mean you have to do anything that a vaxing parent should be doing. A better lifestyle for optimum health is needed by everyone. As already said, vaxing doesn't replace the need for a good diet and good living. None of us are perfect and getting a happy meal now & again isn't going to give your child the measles (I know you know that, but just making a point) and there's nothing that says the vaxed child can eat more happy meals than...
I'm curious as to what kind of job you have in a hospital. I can't imagine them EVER letting you distribute anything negative about vaccines.
I highly suggest reading How To Raise A Healthy Child In Spite Of Your Doctor by Dr. Mendelsohn. I think it's a must for all new parents.
1) you need to check the archives for info on tetanus. there are a couple of excellent threads that you really need to go through 2) no, pertussis causes pertussis. However, the shot, like the flu shot, isn't very effective. Again, check the archives for more info. 3) Yes, you are correct about Hep B 4) I can't sum it all up in one post. There's so much you can learn about the brain, the immune system and vaccines on this board by what's already been...
What you should do, imo, is submit the religious vaccination for your younger child and submit one for your older child the next time a vaccine or records are required. Then, go to a different doctor for any vaccinations you choose. Also, I'd check to see if your state has a vaccination registry. If they do, then you need to opt out. Otherwise, any current or future doctors can retrieve the information that your child has been vaccinated.
LI, you always make great analysis of the statistics!
I agree that it's very important to guide ALL parents to learning about what the symptoms of different illnesses are. Another very important issue is the function of a fever. All new mothers freak out when their tiny newborn gets their first fever. The first thing most of us want to do is run for the Tylenol to make it go away - to protect them. We need to all know what a fever accomplishes, the detriments of reducing it and when to know it's time for...