or Connect

Posts by nylecoj

Thanks everyone for the replies. Dh and I talked about it and he agrees that it gets stressful and frustrating for him that he and dd don't really get any special fun time together. For my part, since I work longer hours than he does, I have made a big deal of carving out time that is unstructured and relaxed where we can just enjoy each other at least a few times a week. It makes all the difference. I'm on temporary bed rest right now due to contractions and he's so...
Quote: Originally Posted by MusicianDad It natural for young children to have phases when they prefer one parent over the other. Yeah, I've seen this, and been witness to it with my friend's kids and what not, but in her case it seems her phase goes from "mommy only all the time ever" to "tolerating daddy", so it seems like even in the best of cases she still prefers me in an overwhelming way. I think the suggestion about them only doing...
What about removing that late afternoon nap, or shortening it, so that he really is tired by 7ish? Otherwise, it just seems like he's not quite ready for bed that early. And, FWIW, I know of lots of babies who's natural rhythm is not a 7pm bedtime. My daughter was in the box that did well at 7pm, but I have family and friends with children who don't go to sleep until 9pm and sleep twelve hours solid. It totally depends on the child. How much does he wake up at night?
I have a question for you all and would appreciate some supportive ways to deal with this situation. My dh is a wonderful husband and father, but we have a 28 mo. old daughter who, for whatever reason, is really into me. As in, she prefers me at least 90% of the time. There is almost no scenario where she will choose her father over me and most of the time we chalk that up to her being a toddler and wanting her mama. Most of the time it's not a big deal. I am...
Hi guys, I have a question for you all and would appreciate some supportive ways to deal with this situation. My dh is a wonderful husband and father, but we have a 28 mo. old daughter who, for whatever reason, is really into me. As in, she prefers me at least 90% of the time. There is almost no scenario where she will choose her father over me and most of the time we chalk that up to her being a toddler and wanting her mama. Most of the time it's not a big...
My 26 month old still wakes up 4-8 times a night and went for months waking up every 45 mins- hour and a half. I've tried night weaning several times, am preggo with #2, use a white noise maker, have dad help, and still, it's really a struggle. Lately she won't even go to bed and fights us for at least an hour. Sometimes she will get up in the middle of the night for an hour or longer and tries to leave the room and play. I have no advice for you, just...
Hi there, my dd is nearly 21 mos and we are having the exact same problem as you. It's been taking us 1.5-2 hours to get her to sleep every night. I know she's teething and she's also learning her letters which isn't helping her calm down to sleep because she just wants to sing her abc's. Unfortunately I have no advice, just commiseration. I'll try walking her at night.
Hi there, I don't post on here much but thought I'd browse this forum because dd is not yet 21 mos and has learned her alphabet and has good diction all the way through the letter "p". It's come about almost entirely on her own, although we do encourage her to do things that she likes (reading books, singing the alphabet, etc.) I have no idea if she's gifted or not since she's so young and my only so far, but thought I'd browse here to see if anyone had similar...
Quote: Originally Posted by orangekoolaid I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this? DD (18 months) was playing with her cousin a few weeks ago (2.5) and everything was "mine" and she ripped it out of her hands (she SAH with my SIL). I know this is a normal thing for kids but it got me wondering if kids in daycare are more likely to understand what sharing is better than those kids who don't interact too much with other kids? just a...
I agree, it's very hard to find a balance that feels right. I decided about 9 mos ago that I wanted a new career and because of that I have more classes to complete, work F/T, and when/if we have #2, I will have to put him/her in daycare way earlier than I'd like. It already makes me sad and we aren't even trying to conceive. I do try to give dd a lot of cuddles and quality time when I'm around to help me feel better, and incidentally co-sleeping helps assuage my...