or Connect

Posts by Macky

Oh, I meant to also thank you folks for this thread. I've only posted a couple of times, but I read often. Erin is now 18 months old and is just starting to finally get over a negative potty experience (daddy was offering too often and for too long while I was away one evening instead of going with the flow, pardon the pun). She peed on the toilet last week and again first thing this morning. She's been happily sitting on the toilet again for the past few months (yay...
Wallacesmum, applesauce still has the fibre in the apple in it, so it actually stops them up even more (BRAT - banana, rice, apple, toast). Apple juice loosens them up. Are you able to get some flax into his diet? That did wonders for our daughter. If he's fond of bread, flax bread might be good. Hope he's doing better now!
So many of you seem to be using the bare bottom approach even when starting late with mobile babes. I've tried this a few times and have a nagging question. What do you do about their toys? Erin literally plays more with her shelves of books (90+ I've managed to collect for her from various sales) than she does with all her toys put together. She flips through them and babbles out loud, pretending (I suppose) to read them. Books don't wash up like a toy does,...
First I just wanted to say how happy I am to have found this board! Thanks for just being out there all of you and sharing your experiences! It's good to know I'm not as alone as I feel in late ECing! (Forgive me if this drones on, but I'm new here, so here's a little background.) I've read Ingrid Bauer's book and LOVED every page of it. Unfortunately, I didn't learn of EC until dd was about 8 months old, so we were past the ideal start time. We started anyway,...