or Connect

Posts by Mindyleigh

Just as I would only hire a midwife for my VBAC who has extensive experience performing life-saving skills in an emergency situation, I would only hire someone with extensive experiences with breech birth were I having a midwife-attended breech birth. It's not just about willingness. I remember when I was pregnant with my twins...there was no shortage of midwives willing to attend me even though they had no relevant experience. Seemed kind of silly. Obviously, if...
Quote: Originally Posted by mom2seven Wow! I see from your siggy that you are Psalm and Zoya's mother. I have to say that I find this so ironic, only b/c I've heard SO many people make comments about "trusting birth", etc. after seeing your twins' birth video. Yep, that's me. It IS ironic, I suppose. I don't mean to be a big downer, but when I read about a midwife blaming someone's problem in birth on her psychology, it really bugs me. And...
My first was a planned hospital birth, 8 hours. Not a bad memory at all, although there were elements I would definitely go back and change if I could. I reached all my goals that I knew to have. The second was a planned home birth with a CNM. My labor unexpectedly started at 35 weeks, very intensely, and, even though his heart rate was strong, we decided to have him at the hospital. The labor was straightforward and quick, but his apgars were 2 at birth for a very...
Even though I did not have the same situation as you (my twins were fraternal, boy/girl, separate sacs/placentas of course) it is truly amazing and such a blessing to have our twins. I was very excited to find out we were having them, but then became very overwhelmed with the idea of parenting them! I already had two boys and did find out their genders to see if I was going to be a mother to four boys. I didn't exactly mind that, but I DID want to be emotionally prepared. ...
Around 15 weeks or so, I started measuring several weeks larger than my dates. My midwives felt that, had my measurements been consistently the same (i.e., always 3 weeks bigger than my dates) that twins were not a likelihood, but that, if the gap between my dates and my measurements got bigger and bigger during the middle of my pregnancy, that twins were a likelihood. So we got together every two weeks for a month and a half and the gap kept getting bigger and bigger. ...
You know, my twins (especially my daughter) have the same body frame. My daughter's legs, while remarkably beautiful to me , definitely curve outward on the sides. I think Psalm's do too. They both walked around a year (she took a bit longer) and it hasn't seemed to hamper them any. I never thought to be concerned about it! My daughter is very flexible. Her brother can do some nifty things with his body too. When he came out, he was flexed back like a crescent...
A poem re: FIRE from three perspectives...and thank you for the prompt, because otherwise this wouldn't have happened. Cool. Although it's a tad melodramatic. Okay, maybe a lot melodramatic. hee I was attracted to your fire Long before I burned my own course, Poaching myself with something existentially void-- A material pursuit, a ring, a charm. But your mind was made up, As natural as it sounds. I wanted to float through your deserts, Basking in the...
I nursed my son Wolfie throughout the twins' pregnancy. He was not nursing too frequently when I got pregnant (he was about 13-14 months or so) and I figured he would lose interest in it, as I had read oh so many times. Not to happen! He became much more interested in it and started nursing a LOT. I was very thankful for it, actually, because it gave me ample opportunity to lay down with him and I also no longer minded nursing him to sleep at night, because it was...
Thank you so much for all your encouragement! I really appreciate that. I do think to myself sometimes, "This is not forever, just a short time in the grand scheme of our lives," and that makes me feel great, since I know they're getting the very best, and lots of touch and loving as well. Our recent development is them constantly sticking fingers in each other's mouths to break the latch, make the other cry, and then steal the boob! Too funny. I'm really...
I was planning a waterbirth with our twins at home and we set up a tub and everything...but I just never felt like getting into it! I headed in the direction of the tub between the births, thinking I could have my second in the water, but about a third of the way there, I turned around and went back into the bathroom. Wish you all the best! Min