or Connect

Posts by *MamaJen*

Henry Ford made a hemp car? Rad.
I'd save them for sure. A whole new wardrobe is expensive. It might be a good time to purge things you don't want, but yeah, it's not silly to keep them. I fit into most of my old clothes within 3 months, and all of them within a year after my last birth.
We did the Harmony screening. It's way more accurate than most of the old blood tests with the quad screen, and also gave us the gender (it's a boy). We would have continued a down syndrome pregnancy, but we would have terminated if the baby had a trisomy that was incompatible with life. With down syndrome, we would have just wanted as much time as possible to prepare and educate ourselves, and we may have had to change our birth plan from homebirth to hospital.
Just wondering if anybody else is doing the MaterniT21, Harmony, or other fetal DNA tests? They're pretty cool, they screen for trisomies and also tell you the gender at 10 weeks based on a maternal blood draw. I got mine last Friday and should get the results in this week. Totally antsy to find out if it's a boy or a girl in there.
I love pouch slings for newborns, Ergos for older babies.
I'm curious about this too. I had my first at 28 in a very easy homebirth. I'll be just shy of 35 with this one, and I'm hoping to have a labor that's similar to the first. I'm actually much stronger and in much better shape than I was for the last pregnancy, thanks to working out. I think this pregnancy may be a tiny bit harder than the last one, but it's hard to tell. I think with my last one I refused to admit that I felt tired and sick, and slacked off a lot instead...
Working out is great for you throughout your pregnancy. That old wives tale about not getting your heart rate above "x" number has been totally discredited for decades. ACOG hasn't endorsed it since the early 90s and issued a formal retraction more than a decade ago. It drives me crazy that an ancient piece of misinformation is still making the rounds. The worst part is I'm constantly hearing doctors tell it to their patients. They should know better. I'm continuing...
Working out is great for you throughout your pregnancy. That old wives tale about not getting your heart rate above "x" number has been totally discredited for decades. ACOG hasn't endorsed it since the early 90s and issued a formal retraction more than a decade ago. It drives me crazy that an ancient piece of misinformation is still making the rounds. The worst part is I'm constantly hearing doctors tell it to their patients. They should know better. I'm continuing...
You should contact these people: https://www.facebook.com/#!/NationalAdvocatesforPregnantWomen They can give you really specific advice and help.
You should contact these people: https://www.facebook.com/#!/NationalAdvocatesforPregnantWomen They can give you really specific advice and help.