or Connect

Posts by *MamaJen*

Ooof. The tired kicked in yesterday and it's still going strong. It's 11 a.m. and I have yet to do any substantial amount of work yet. My plans for the day include a lunctime crossfit class, a pole dancing class right after work, and then meeting my best friend for happy hour and telling her the baby news. Not sure if that's all gonna happen.
DP
8/2 - 20 minute walk 8/5 - 30 minutes crossfit, 60 minutes pole dancing 8/6 - 30 minutes crossfit 8/7 - 40 minutes crossfit 8/8 - 30 minutes crossfit 8/11 -- 90 minutes obstacle course 8/12 - 40 minutes crossfit, 60 minute pole dancing 8/13 - had to skip class for my first midwife appointment! 8/14 - crossfit 40 mintues 8/15 - 30 minutes crossfit 8/16 - 30 minutes crossfit 8/18 - 30 minutes trail running with DH (and I was *wiped out* like a...
I think I need to go out and buy a couple of bigger bras. :( I haven't gained weight yet, but my boobs are bigger for sure.
The idea of having twins freaks me out, lol! I mean, I know we would make it work, but I can't imagine having a pair of 15 month olds rampaging around. The other day I started imagining having triplets, and my brain exploded. :) Twins don't run in my family, so I think the odds are pretty low.
Nice idea! I'm Jen. I'm 34, and live in downtown Austin with my brand-new husband and 5 and a half year old son. I was a newspaper reporter for almost a decade, then I went back to grad school for public policy and now I'm a policy and data analyst. It's very geeky and I really love it (although I've been kind of baby obsessed and distracted the last couple weeks!). My son was a happy surprise in my late 20s. His dad and I were together for a couple of years, but split...
double post.
We are doing the 20 week anatomical scan. We were planning on doing the 11 week nuchal transparency scan, but my midwife's office is now offering the MaterniT21 blood test, which sounds really great. It's a blood test that appears to be super accurate at detecting 3 different trisomies, and also tells you the gender. So we won't have to do the 11 week. And then I was considering going in for an early ultrasound to hear the heatbeat. I actually called the OB who is doing...
8/2 - 20 minute walk 8/5 - 30 minutes crossfit, 60 minutes pole dancing 8/6 - 30 minutes crossfit 8/7 - 40 minutes crossfit 8/8 - 30 minutes crossfit 8/11 -- 90 minutes obstacle course 8/12 - 40 minutes crossfit, 60 minute pole dancing 8/13 - had to skip class for my first midwife appointment! 8/14 - crossfit 40 mintues 8/15 - 30 minutes crossfit 8/16 - 30 minutes crossfit   Total - 500 minutes
I love the Ellen Barrett pilates videos! They're a little older so they're super cheap if you get them used on Amazon. Super Slim down is pretty gentle and mixes in a lot of yoga. Burn and Firm is a pretty good workout with handweights.