or Connect

Posts by StrongBeliever

We are 2 adults, two kids, and one toddler, and I think we spend between $700 and $800 a month. We get all of our meat local from the butcher(AWESOME prices on grassfed beef), which isn't organic. Close to $200 of our budget goes there each month. We, for the most part, do not buy snacky food... No bread, no cereal, no juice, no lunchmeat. We do get organic tortilla chips, as I make a lot of dips. I think the biggest hit(stuff that feel outrageously priced when I pick it...
This has been an ongoing struggle for us. We get rid of them for a few months, and then turn up with them again. I think our diet struggles keep us susceptible, and when we come in contact with a source and get them again. I feel like I never want to visit friends with pets, as it appears to be where we pick them up. We have moved out of a co-housing situation and I am going to get on the ball with our diet and treatment plan. One of the most helpful tools I was able to...
Incredible! My hubby got me a tablet for my birthday. My kids can do things with it that I can't!
What kind of subfloor? When my parents remodeled, they painted the plywood subfloor... This was supposed to be temporary, but it never was changed. It worked great, and over time got this neat antiqued look. If the subfloor is halfway smooth and solid, finding a really eco friendly durable paint should be easy. Aside from that, Marmoleum is all natural linoleum. Pricey, but beautiful. It does off gas VOCs, but if I remember right the signifigant portion of off gassing is...
This thread spoke to me! I grew up in a mess, with a mom who was messy as well as a mess, if that makes sense.  I never learned the skills required to keep life in balance as a kid.  The story of my childhood was a story of failed control...  Someone barking orders from the top.  Now I am a grown-up and having to learn that I CAN'T CONTROL ANYTHING BUT MYSELF.  You are absolutely right that Unschooling is so much bigger than a way of learning the things that allow you to...
Hey Ladies!  Been away from the internet FOREVER.  Probably will be again soon.  But I've been thinking of all of you, and wishing you all the very best with your new little ones.  My newest girl was born on January 27th at 11:40ish in the morning.  It was a wonderful unassisted birth...  But a very long and interesting labor.  :)  Surprisingly, she was only three days "late"...  Or maybe not so surprising as all my other two babies were 9-11 days "late" based on...
EEEK!  *haha*  Really, I plan on sitting on this one until February, so maybe I am a little less 'eeek' than others in the DDC...  But still, it seems like only yesterday that our DDC was at the bottom of the list.  Now we're nearing the top.  YOWZA!   And let's not forget baby Micah with LM96...  We've already got an arrival in our DDC! 
Um...  AMAZING!  *haha*  I was in our bathtub, on my knees, facing widthwise(not facing the long way).  I actually pushed my hips forward to push her head out, rather than squatting...  I remember thinking that was weird, that I ought to be squatting, but couldn't really...  After that I eased back a bit, just holding her head in my hand.  Her bubble, really...  DD was born in the caul.  It happened so quickly, I can't really remember exactly what was going through my...
YES!  The mamas here are always so helpful...  I know I'd be happy to talk to your daughter about it, I'm sure others would be as well.
I don't really know how much research your daughter has done about UC, and you are saying pretty clearly that you haven't done much.  While I agree that the decisions a person makes when they are 16 are going to be different than decisions the make when they are 21, I don't think this makes your daughter incapable of making the decision to UC for herself.  Everyone is different, and I think decision making matures in everyone at a different point.  That being said, I...