or Connect

Posts by Juvysen

((hugs))  I don't have anything to say about the mental health side or anything, but I think everyone feels a little panicky before their first marathon!  How awesome that you have a friend coming with you to help you through it.    Run your heart out tomorrow.  I just ran my first half marathon and there were definitely people looking like they'd cry by the end of it... and that was only 13 miles.  I doubt you'll be the only one crying/showing emotion (or even...
Can you point me to where you got the supplements or what what you're using?  I'm only about 4 lbs "overweight" but despite eating paleo and exercising regularly, the scale doesn't budge.  I'm WAY stronger, though.  I still have a bit of a belly (doesn't help that the skin is all loose because of the pregancies/stretch marks).  It could be "chronic cardio" - I just ran my first half marathon, but see, it bothers me because running supposedly causes people to lose a pound...
I think I'd be buying cheap, cheap, cheap cuts of chicken or asking at the grocery store for just the carcasses of chickens they debone or whatever and making lots and lots and lots of soup for proteins/vitamins/minerals... and using rice and frozen veg as filler (which is what my mom did when we were a family of 3 living on practically nothing).  But I'm not in that situation, now.  Do you have things like a crock pot or a big stock pot you could use for that?  From...
I don't feel bad about it.  My daughter had 7 fillings by that dentist and all were white, so they're obviously doing their best to try for the white.  That said, the BPA in the white fillings freaks me out equally, which is why we tried to fix things with diet, first.  I'm calling that a win, too, since my son only has two where my daughter had 7.
I'm paleo, too... well, I try.  Gluten gives me anxiety and depression symptoms, though, it seems, so I am as gluten free as possible...
I live in a neighborhood that is right behind a big university.  Many professors live here, and other white-collar types... but it's not a "rich" neighborhood where people have tons of money and just pay to have their lawns cared for, etc.  So, though the houses look like they *should* be nice (though fairly modest), with manicured lawns, half the houses look like they may have been abandoned.  Overgrown bushes and dirty looking houses are the norm.    It's funny because...
Well, I didn't say anything previously (just lurked), but for what it's worth I was interested in keeping an open mind.  I'm tired of feeling like a conspiracy theorist, I want to hear answers to why I'm seeing these other things without them simply being swept under the rug as it seems to typically happen...   Of course this is not the only area that I feel like this.  Other areas of medicine, health, blah blah blah.  Just... why??  I refuse to believe that it's all...
FWIW, My mom is a dental hygienist...   We were recently talking about the amalgam fillings vs. the white (er, bpa laden, but that's another thread) fillings for my son who recently had to have a tooth filled.  I guess the reason they recommend the amalgam fillings for children is because it is quicker/easier/takes fewer steps than the white fillings do... thus, when a kid is squirmy or won't keep their mouth open properly or what-have-you, it's a "better" choice...
Bummer.  I'm dying to talk research with someone who is open to discussion.
Classy!