or Connect

Posts by irishprincess71

Wendy - thank you so much for something to ask his doctor. He does also have asthma and has had 2 or 3 cases of pneumonia.
He had a CD blood test done last year that was negative. Is there more than one test that I should ask for, sometimes I wonder about it. Although, there is no difference in stools or other symptoms when he does consume wheat. He used to have eczema break outs from them. I was wondering about thyriod, or gall bladder or any other strange but possible solutions. One thing that has me wondering is that even at 3 years old he prefers baby food meats and fruits to the...
I found one plastic toy that is probably better for the environment in the long run. Doodle pads. As toddlers, their idea of an art page is a line on a piece of paper and then they move on - leaving pages and pages of virtually unused paper to throw away/recycle. Doodle pads are plastic magnetic boards with magnet pens. My boys LOVE them. They can sit and draw and redraw for hours and not waste a single piece of paper. If I want to save a particular piece of art...
There is a woman in our neighborhood who adopted from India this year. She is Indian as is her huband and it was still a very difficult process. Those in India get the first chance at each child. Her son had been rejected by 5 other families because of a heart murmur before his dossier was sent overseas to her. I am not saying it is impossible but it does seem rather difficult - then again a heart does not care about the difficulties. Personally, I would go with my...
Hey - we were on the 11th floor also!!!! Room 1136. Seeing all your pictures - especially from the room window and inside the room brings back all my memories. Evie looks like such a sweetheart. You all are so lucky. I remember the shop keepers telling me that Kaitlyn was lucky and remember thinking that we were the lucky ones - she was making our family so happy.
I am wondering if I should ask my DS#2 ped for some testing on him. He is allergic to a number of foods but he is also extremely small for his age. Emotionally, psychologicall and developmentally his is on target However, he is almost 3 years old and fits into 18 month clothes. He is 24.5 lbs and 34 inches. He is only slightly beyond what is considered "slow growth" which is less than 2 inches a year and he is just above 2 inches, 2 1/4" since last year. He has...
My 3 yo was diagnosed with hand, foot and mouth disease yesterday. Now after reading on here it sounds like it could be the herpes virus. Neither DH or I have had an active cold sore recently but we do get them. Symptoms - One night of high fever that came on suddenly, second night of slightly high fever, no more fevers. White sores in the back of the throat. Throat hurt for 2 days but now it feels fine even with the blisters still there. No sores on hands or...
Yogurt They just recently did a study in Japan and found that yogurt made a remarkable difference in the amount of odor causing bacteria in the mouth. Something about the good bacteria in yogurt making it inhabitable for bad bacteria to grow in the mouth.
In the most recent issue of Prevention magazin they mention a natural herb (Ivy Leaf, I believe) that was shown to help heal asthma sufferers. Has anyone tried it. DS#2 (21 months) was diagnosed with asthma last year and even though he only has problems when he gets colds or eats something to which he is allergic (dairy), I would like to try something to actually heal the lungs rather than wait until it happens and then combat it.
Penny - I read that thread a few days ago and came away with more questions than answers. However, I checked again and a few of the newer posts mention amino acid supplements and enzyme supplements which sound worth looking into. Although the question would be how long is necessary to take it until the system can take over for itself or what foods are out there that my boys are missing that makes them need these supplements. DS#2 (my eczema baby), is on evening...