or Connect

Posts by myra_mcgray

We made it really clear to my parents, sisters, grandparents, cousins, etc that dss was to be treated the same as DS and DD by them. That means they are also his family and they have three grandkids, etc. They treat all the kids the same, if they are going buy Christmas presents they buy for all and of equivalent size, cost etc. They are all very receptive to this so for us it was just about letting them know how we saw there role and allowing them to have this kind of...
I think that Jeanine hit the nail on the head with her comments. I am just writing because I am wondering what relationship you want to have with your SD and for how long. My concern in this situation is that if something happened to your SO you would have no legal rights to even see your SD and no legal basis to fight to continue your relationship. I don't know if is on the horizon but I would as soon as possible at least get a will where your SO has you appointed as...
I would leave in the part about both you and ex being in agreement to not allow unsupervised visitation. Good Luck
Many states do not recognize common law marriage. I would not take legal advice from a real estate agent. Get a lawyer. If you are the person who owns the home and your state does not recognize common law marriage it does not matter how long you have lived there together he does not have the right to block you from selling the home for a certain price and any financial reimbursement he may be entitled to from the sale of the house he would need to go to court to get.
In my state Ohio every three years either parent can request and get an automatic evaluation of child support. In does not happen through the courts the child support enforcement agency does it and when we did it we never went to court we just sent in the paperwork saying how much DH made and then DSS mom sent in the same and they sent us the amended order. I don't think that she even realized that we had requested the evaluation and after it was done she told us she was...
We have DSS every weekend and it works pretty well for us but we are all pretty flexible so if he wants to stay at his mom's for something happening on the weekend that is what we do. Also if he has time off school we usually get him. We don't live that far apart 20 minutes and he goes to school by his mom's.  My ideal schedule would be for us to have him during the weekend for the school year and for her to have weeks and then during summer we would have the week and...
Just a reminder that both your kids are very young. I know you are in for the long haul with your ex but things with your kids will get easier and it will get to the point where you don't need him as much to get a break and it will be easier to resist caving into his demands to be able to get time off. Good Luck

We do solstice with our kids (all of them). We also have DSS for Christmas eve b/c it is a big family holiday and we don't want him to miss it but we starting last year (he is seven) have begun to allow him to wake up at his mom's every Christmas morning since this is something that is important to him and her and not something we want to do at our house. So they get family gifts, a small solstice gift from us and then he gets the big stuff from his mom's house.
I don't have a four year old girl but I wanted to write to you. I am so sorry that you and your husband are going through this. When my DSS was 9 months DH's ex denied visitation for 10 weeks until we went back to court. It felt so long and so hard. Hope things get better.