or Connect

Posts by myra_mcgray

I don't mind the dog hair on the body but I hate the eating of dog hair and the constantly having to sweep so I get all the leaves, sticks, food bits, as well as the dog hair off the floor cuz that baby has some crazy little stuff finding abilities.
OH how this resonated with me. Everytime i have any interaction or even just see her number on the caller id. anxiety, adrenaline yuck.
We give our families a wish list and let them no that noisy/annoying toys are going to probably end up at their house for the kids to play with when they go to Grandma's/ grandpa's. My favorite line is what a great thing to have at grandma's house. We try to do a theme for each holiday like this year DSS needs books, or this year he would like trains, this has worked pretty well but we also return things or if no receipt I sell them to once upon a child and buy clothes...
Quote: Originally Posted by vbactivist myra, do you happen to know which is more bioavailable - the cow liver tablets or floridax? I don't know what floridax is. I took the cow liver while anemic/pregnant/vegetarian then started to eat meat.
Quote: Originally Posted by North_Of_60 I disagree with this. Iron fortified grains use non-heme iron, which is not as bio-available as heme iron. The iron in fish, poultry, and red meat, while lower, is more bio-available, which means your body uses it/breaks it down/absorbs it more efficiently. It takes a lot more non-heme iron to catch up to heme iron. And I would not recommend iron fortified formula or cereal as a good source of...
Quote: Originally Posted by LionTigerBear Myra, Omer is so cute! How big is he? He looks like a big little guy! He was 19lbs at his 6 month check-up. i haven't weighed him since then.
We started at around two weeks ago. DS is 8 months in 8 minutes. I can almost always catch a right after wake up and right after nursing. we are hit/ miss with other times. I think his main cue to pee is for me to put him down on the floor after holiding him having him sit on his potty. I put him down he wants to pee immediatley. So frustrating. Anyway we are trying to have fun with it.
Omer is going to be 8 months tommorow and he is on the go. Has been crawling and pulling up for a few weeks now. He has been really getting good at pulling up the last few days. He has been a babbler since about a month but his vocab is getting crazy big. mama, dada, baba, nana, aaaaaaa, dada is his favorite he mostly says mama only when he is tired, sad or mad in the car. He has just recently started to become super attached to Dad will cry when dad comes home from work...
Oh and if you are okay with eating animal products you can get dessicated cow liver tablets, Like vitamins so you don't have to eat liver.
With iron the importance is not totally how much but also how much bioavailability it has in your body. Best Iron rich food in decreasing order (iron rich meaning bioavailable. 1. breast milk, iron fortified formula, iron fortifide cereal, oysters, clams, organ meats: liver, red meat, pork, lamb, poultry, fish, blackstrap molasses, seeds (ground or mashed. It is also important for iron how you combine foods since some foods hinder your bodies ability to absorb iron. If...