or Connect

Posts by myra_mcgray

i think you should not make any permanent decisions about DH of GF while you are pregnant. I think that also if you are pregnant you DH and GF need to make sure that you are feeling supported and loved. I was pregnant and involved in a poly relationship and it was not good for me, for lots of reasons I won't go into here, but I think definitly you need to make sure that your DH is respecting your issues and boundaries (being primary etc) and that GF knows where she...
No way would I send the dolls to his mom's house. This is too easy to misinterpret and cause problems and it does not help your DSS at all. I would make the doll for him with the members of all of your family but I would just let him keep them at his house. If his mom wants him to have pictures/etc of you at her house you she can do it but you do not seem to have the relationship with her where she would not take this the wrong way.
I don't feel I have any sense that your BF is telling you a story or not. Obviously you are in a better position to determine this but I don't feel concern about this because your BF is a man, I feel concern because (whether right or wrong) he stopped fighting to have a relationship with his kids and if someone told me their GF had done the same thing I would also have concerns. I think it is the behavior not the gender of the person exhibiting the behavior that is...
Quote: Originally Posted by Thisbirdwillfly I don't know at what point it stops but I generally try to take things one day at a time. If this is what my kid needs today, then good and tomorrow is another day. Honestly, I have yet to meet adult child of divorce who've told me they were glad their stepmother/father kept coming to events inspite of the tension and quite a few who've shared stories of wishing none of their parents had come to...
We are always having issues with them, basically parental alienation in an un-documentable way. For instance, she literally tells him that her house is home, he's only visiting here (we have had this custody agreement...completely JOINT for about 8 years) They call my dh by his first name to my dss, and call me by nasty nicknames to him. (they don't hold back about me) If he takes anything from our house to her house she "steals" it, or it disappears, she has even torn up...
I don't have any experience with your situation specifically, but my mom is a childhood abuse survivor and I know that her fears and reactions had some pretty heavy and damaging effects on me and my siblings. This was particuarly bad with my brother who thought that because a boy did something bad to my mom, he as a boy, her only was bad. Even if she hadn't disclosed that she was abused to us her reactions to us being around any Men/Boys who were not my father,...
i woild talk to a lawyer about contempt for the alienation type things, document everything, deal w/ video games in court. Sue for full custody b/c it does not seem like your joint custody situation isn' working since you can't have discussions regarding what is best for DSS's care. Document anytime you hear they are saying that your house is not DSS's house or anytime you are told that they call DH by his name. I am nursing so this is taking forever but I may try to write...
To me the biggest red flag is the GF telling her DD that her brother is not her brother. This to me would make a trip back to court appropriate. The other things just taken with this are huge problems because all of it is working to undermine OP role. But really telling her her brother is not her brother is a HUGE problem.
This is not legal advice, if you want legal advice you should consult a lawyer. Probably the easiest thing to do to change custody is if you can come up with a decision btn your DH and his ex. Then in the US you can just file an agreed entry that hte court can accept. I don't know what this would like for you guys, You could ask for more time, ask for joint legal custody with one parent designated as a residential parents. you would want to consider school etc. NOlo...
I think you have gotten lots of good advice. I want to add my DSS who is also 5 (he will tell you 5 and a half) frequently tells us he wants to go back to his mommy's house and he will tell his mom he wants to come to our house. You have her so little time to I think this affects how hard the transistion is. Good Luck