or Connect

Posts by myra_mcgray

I was not going to lie in an affidavit, I am just the stepmom so I don't do the affidavit, anyway I wanted to say thanks becasue I realized I was overthinking the situation. They didn't say we had to turn in the form about current residency it is just one of the forms for people who are just starting in the school district but we are not transferred into the school district we have been here for 5 years so I am going to just have DH go to register DSS with the same...
DSS's mom hates court. We had a very bad oppositional relationship when we went to court the first time in order to establish visitation. We asked for joint custody- she fought it. We asked for shared parenting- she fought it. Ultimately we lost big in court. My DH who obviously knew her and her limitations decided that anytime she asked us for anything: money, for us to have DSS more or less we would always say yes. So this is what we did. When she started working we told...
I have a DSS 5.5 a DS 2.5 and a DD 8 months. We have my DSS half time although we have an old custody agreement that only gives him to us EOW one night a week on the off week. My issue is this: DSS's mom is moving (again) and wants him to go to school in our school district (we really want this too.) but in order to do this we will either have to lie and say that he does not stay overnight with her at all or legally change the custody agreement to make us the residential...
Are you bleeding yet. My supply drops when I have my period and then comes back up once it is gone. I forgot about this then my cycles came back adn I had a few days when i was having a hard time pumping my normal amount.
Okay I just re-read your responses. Did your ex file a complaint and you have 4 days to answer or 4 days before mediation. If you have four days to answer then you should have your lawyer file for an extension which is pretty simple and if you can't get ahold of your lawyer in that time period you should be able to go to the courthouse and do it pretty easily yourself. Good Luck
I think it is highly unlikely that anything will need to happen really in 5 days. Mediation is just to see if you can come to an agreement, if you come to an agreement with teh mediator then they will present that to the judge who can sign off on it and it will then become binding. If you don't come to an agreement they will sent it for court. You don't need a lawyer for mediation but if you feel concerned about holding your own with ex you should bring one. Good luck...
I looked in your signature and your baby is still really little so still lots of work. I know when my DS was born and little I was often really stressed out about my DSS but now that DSS is 5.5 and DS is 2.5 I am so grateful to have him in our lives and I remeber how I use to feel relieved when DSS went home now I feel relieved when DSS comes over. Also I don't always like the media that DSS is exposed to and the lack of reading but instead of fighting it I will get...
I think it is reasonable to try to give your DH some more down time but from your signature you are pregnant again and I assume this is you DH child. So I think that both of you probably especially with a second child - parents of young children- will feel like you do not get enough down time and I would be reluctant to set up a pattern where you are bending over backwards to give your DH enough down time if you are not getting it. Not saying that he shouldn't get more...
What is he going to court for. Custody? Visitation? To have the court tell you that your daugther can't call your fiance "Daddy." This seems like a pretty vague threat. If he is going to court to establish visitation the court will probably give him some kind of visitation even if he has serious issues they will grant at least supervised visitation and you can file for Child support. If he is going for custody and this is the only arguement he has against you, it is...
nak i was also curious about DSS mom's routine for bedtime. I know lots of custodial parents who are frustrated by the lack of routine (esp around bedtime) that happens at non-custodial parents home so getting on the same page at both homes about some things may be helpful to your DSS. Although at the same time make sure your home is YOURS without DSS's mom interfering. Good Luck