or Connect

Posts by myra_mcgray

With DS I worked full time, took six weeks off then took him to work with me and worked from home until he was 10 months old when i went back to law school. DH and then paid child care after I went back to school. After finding out I was pregnant with DD I switched to the part time evening program at my school. DD was born in the middle of the semester I took two week off from classes then took her with me for the rest of the semester minus exams. I then had one month off...
Nursing and typing I had a ten month old when I started law school, I am now in my second year and I got pregnant in the middle of my first year- gave birth in the middle of this year and am still nursing my little. I think people who do not have kids or who did not have kids while in law school think it is super hard because they didn't do it with kids but i think kids just mean that you are more organized and less likely to procrastinate to get your work done. I am in...
I don't think it is really that complicated or that it matter much what kids call you. I think it is complicate for us because we have lived in the world for a long time and these things mean things for us but for small kids things are just what they are. They love their people they have names they call the people they love. Kids are flexible they accept their life and the people in their life. The issues around what people are called are usually grown up issues not kids...
Any advice, almost five month old has yeast infection not thrush exclusively breastfed I am thinking that i should do the topical anti-fungal creme, then take probiotics myself. We already do lots of nakey butt time. Any thoughts on my plan and any experience with other things.
Quote: Originally Posted by mandib50 i think smoke is nasty and with 3 grandparents who died from lung cancer and with a mom who currently has lung cancer, i would feel so sick to my stomach about this situation. however, your dss deserves a relationship with his mom (which sounds like you and your dh support), and he shouldn't have to worry about the smoking issue in anyway, he has no control over it and nor do you and your hubby. i wouldn't even...
my Dss's mom also is a smoker as is his big brother and maternal grandmother and his cousins and aunts and uncles on his moms side. She usually smokes outside but not always and his grandmother does not. That being said we think it is more important that he has a relationship with all of these people regardless of the smoking. His mom knows that it is an issue for us and we do not want him around smoking especially inside but it still occassinally happens. As for the...
I don't think you are ignoring DSD but I do think that when there is such a big change they need extra attention, seems unfair because your attention is divided now but its true.
DSS had some issue when DS was born DSS was 3 and had some issues when DD was born DSS was 5. DS also had regression issues when DD was born.I think this is really normal it is also normal for DSS to cry because he wants to go to his mommy's house, doesn't want to go to to his mommmy's house, wants to come to our house doesn't want to come to our house. That is why we don't leave parenting time decisions up to him. Besides acting out did she seem upset or did she seem like...
Ouch and Yuck. I think from your earlier post that probably you intuitivly knew something was going on but how yucky to find out this is what it is. I have no advice but think that you seem good at figuring out what needs to happen to protect your daughter. Hugs and good luck
we always do what dh's ex ask. give her money, have dss more or less. she has a really hard time asking for help so we always do it even if we have no money or it is inconvient it is best for dss so we do it and it has paid off in better relationship with her. More time with dss.