or Connect

Posts by CalebsMome

Well, I certainly wouldn't want to have another baby with anyone other than him! I can't believe anyone would even insinuate that a birthing squabble would be a marriage deal breaker. As I said, we've ceased fertility treatments, and we've tried for 3 years, so I know the changes of getting pregnant on my own are VERY small. We decided that if we are amazingly lucky enough to have another child, it will be with the doctor that lets you labor on your own in water, and then...
No, we desperately want another child. 99.9% of us stopping fertility treatments was the stress of it all. Infertility is just completely draining. I was actually just curious if anyone felt so strongly about a VBAC that if their husband wasn't on board with doing what it took to have a good birthing experience they would choose not to have another child. It was more of a philosophical question really. If I could have another baby today, I'd lay my --- right down on that...
If you knew you couldn't have a peaceful VBAC at your hospital, and your DH wouldn't agree to a home birth, no birthing center in the area would take you because of the c-section, and he wouldn't agree to a midwife who delivers at the hospital, would you still keep trying to have another child? We have just DS (3 1/2), born by c-section as a result of an induction and laboring flat on my back. We have done fertility treatments for almost two years, but just gave away all...
After a long struggle with secondary infertility, my mantra is "I'm just SO thankful for him" or "cherish every second."
DH and I are starting this when we get home on Tuesday. I'm taking a big trashcan and chunking almost everything chemical and foodwise in our house and starting over :
Unfortunately, insurance companies feel that infertility treatments are a privilege not a right. Insurance paid for everything for us above our $50 co-pay. Those co-pays can add up quickly though and this does not cover medications, IUI's, IVF, etc. Clomid is just $5 though. I don't know about treatment for the guys. It really sucks. When the national healthcare passes though, it is to cover IVF. Most of the bills at the state level were pushing for 4 cycles of IVF, 6 if...
Quote: Originally Posted by meemee she cant do that because they have already put in an application for the green card. which means saying we are already married (which you cant be for fiancee visa). you cant change suddenly in the middle of your visa processing. i am assuming OP has tried all other avenues otherwise they wouldnt be thinking of such a drastic step. it really, really concerns me because the US embassy in case anything goes down is...
Quote: Originally Posted by icesk8 My parents adopted my youngest sister when she was 5, she was a foster kid who came to live with us when she was barely 2 and now is 10. She has started to act out. She steals from all of us on a regular basis. It is so bad that my other sister (they share a room) can't keep her laptop in her room because adopted sister (lets call her B) will steal it. She used to take biosisters ipod to school and dropped it so many...
Instead of doubling them up completely, try sewing onto the thick pad part flannel shirts, flannel from Wal-Mart (usually not expensive at all), flannel receiving blankets, strips of old towels or wash cloths, etc. They'll be cute, more absorbant, AND you'll still have 3 dozen instead of 9. Just a thought, but you could even get old flannel shirts and such at a thrift store for practically nothing.
I think we have a lot of smilies and ribbons that convey the message but I think the ribbons are minimized because they don't way what it's for. For instance, I'd really like to see a PCOS ribbon say PCOS at the bottom or something. There's a c-section ribbon too. I'd like to see it say c-section. For little ones lost there is an angel smilie as well.