or Connect

Posts by Mizelenius

birdhappy-- no stores are nearby.  Too lazy to make the trek to one!   Yeah, I agree-- CPFs and IPFs have their pluses and minuses.  I am not too picky except for the sizing . . .that is the main issue for me since I don't want them shorter, which many people actually prefer because they trifold into covers, whereas I Snappi.    Cotton Babies is so cheap . . .I am just going to get the rest there to round out the CPFs I already have.    How nice that your DH...
I saw those, but sadly, no infant available ATM.  I was thinking about getting their Indian ones-- not sure if you have tried those?
I need to keep up with this thread!  We have SO many Christmas treats and I feel like if I don't eat them, well . . .they'll just go to waste.  :)  I am OK with a slow weight loss but not with eating so much junk!  I feel very lumpy.   Prepregnancy weight: 100-103 lbs   Pregnancy weight: 123 lbs   Current (almost 2 weeks PP): 111-112   My goals are to cut down on the treats/increase fruits and veggies . . .once I am 6 weeks PP I want to start using videos...
The title pretty much says it all . . .I have Indian prefolds but like my old Chinese ones more.  Why are these so hard to find now?  When I bought prefolds (years ago), the choices were limited in terms of cotton ones, but now there seem to be SO many brands/variations.    I am looking for cotton prefolds to Snappi-- not ones that I will trifold into a cover.  Seems like prefolds are shorter now?  Any recommendations for ones I can use with a Snappi?   Folding...
My LO is only 7 lbs 5 oz, and the bulk is OK.  (I have her in premium infants, with the 8 ply thickness in the middle).  Bulk is not a bad thing, esp. when they are not mobile!  :)   Nylon covers work well for the cord issue, but the Bummis SWW sit below the naval anyway.  
If the SNS is working for you (not adding to your stress) then stick to it!  Bottles do not have to be your only other alternative, though-- I am NO expert, however. I am guessing LLL or an LC (or MOBI) could help.  I Goggled this quickly and came up with: http://breastfeeding.about.com/od/problemssolutions/a/equipment.htm    The way I saw it for myself, my priorities were: (1) Get calories in the baby with the least effort on her part possible (because my DD had...
I use this one: http://www.omahababystore.com/Diaper-Pail-52qt_p_258.html   The odor is not a problem-- until we open it!  :) 
The poos can be very confusing.  My DD had only one "green" poo then-- normally she had the typical BF yellow poo after every feeding (textbook!) but again, was not gaining.  She didn't lose, but she didn't gain.   Are you only using the SNS and nursing?  To me, the SNS was a lot of work (I had 2 so that I could have one drying while using the other), esp. since I also had to pump, nurse, and also had another child (I know you do, too).   Really, I would suggest...
We don't use our downstairs bathtub, so I just put the diaper pail in there (before that it was in our little playroom).  For newborn poo, I just toss it in.  No smell.  I don't even use a bag anymore-- carry the whole pail downstairs to be washed.
I have used both cloth and disposables for almost 10 yrs.  I've used both at night and have never had leaks as a problem.  However, I tend to use disposables only at night now for 2 reasons: (1) smell (no matter what, the cloth smell at night!) and (2) comfort.  The bulky cloth (no leaks that way) AND wetness (even with fleece inside) seems just too uncomfortable at night-- esp. since I want to give them no reason to wake up at night!   Brands of disposables has not...