or Connect

Posts by Mizelenius

I would try prefolds with a Snappi.  It's very easy and contains poo better.  Newborns are cooperative with diaper changes, too.    For covers, I like Bummis Soft Whisper Wraps (get them used).  I only like Velcro/Aplix when they are younger, because eventually they usually just pull them off.  OR, if you want really cheap yet breathable, easy to care for, etc. get Dappis nylon covers.  These are harder to remove, however, when a diaper is messy, but it's not the end...
Oh my goodness, mama!  I have been there-- I know how frustrating and scary it can be.  If you have a chance, sign onto the Mobi group I mentioned-- they helped so much:  http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/mobi/   What do you think is the issue?  Is it your milk or is the way the baby is transferring it?  When my DD had issues, right away my milk was "suspect" but I knew it was OK.  My DD's latch looked textbook perfect, but it was very weak.  I even had my friend nurse...
I missed that there is an audiobook!
Does not have to be a DVD--- would prefer it because logistically it's easier ATM (have a newborn in the house).    I have heard SOTW recommended often, so I will check that out!    I see your point about history and violence.  I guess so much of change has been caused (wrong word-- not caused-- maybe motivated?) by violence that the 2 go hand-in-hand, it seems.   And yes, I agree about the graphic detail.  I guess that sums up what I want to stay away from!  As I said,...
At first I don't let go for awhile-- I latch. make sure she's Ok for awhile, and then let go, lean back.  This baby learned quickly so it took a day, but it can take longer.   I nurse anywhere, but I was not so adept at 1st with DD #1.
Good news!!!
I can't yet.  DD is just too disturbed.  She takes everything very much to heart.  I am not looking for heritage movies in the sense that we are all happy, as you say (living history is great, though) . . .but I want to limit how deep into these topics we delve. I was raised in a household were there was never such a thing as "too young to know" and I didn't like it!    DD knows the basics of injustices in certain areas of history (no sappy pilgrim stories here) but JUST...
So glad she gained something!   I would go in more often than 2 weeks from now, though, like your LC said,-- just for a weight check.  The reason I suggest this is because part of what she is gaining might be from length vs. body fat, if that makes sense, so it's something to keep an eye on.   RE: staying awake, consider pumping and giving her milk that way until she gets fatter/is more alert.  I know a lot of people are anti-bottle, but I used an SNS (VERY big pain)...
My 4th DD is Niamh!  We considered Aine for #5 . . .needless to say, love your DD's name!
I am surprised your ped is not concerned. I am glad you are. There are a few issues that come to mind:   (1) Reflux. It could be causing her pain to nurse, so she is popping off. Obviously formula would NOT fix this issue but she may need meds.   (2) Her ability to transfer milk. This could be because of being tongue-tied (easy fix) or something like what I dealt with-- weak suck.  How strong is she when she nurses?  Do you hear her swallow?  Do you see her jaw...