or Connect

Posts by Mizelenius

LilMomma, going to visit your post . . .
Good for you!  While rule #1 is always "feed the baby," supplementing is a slippery slope!
I hear you-- my 2nd had issues with weight due to her weak suck.  I analyzed EVERYTHING because I had to.  It is very draining.  We got our situation fixed at 6 weeks, and you will get there, too.    You have the combination of this being your first and the nursing issue.  Double whammy!  I promise it will get easier, and at some point, you will have the "freedom" to relax about it.    Even though this is my 5th baby, I am always really careful about making sure they are...
Oh, gosh, I KNOW.  I continue to get people feeling "sorry" for me since I have 5 girls and only girls.  The cleaning woman at the hospital asked me what my other kids were (gender), and when I told her all girls, she said, "Well, at least they are healthy."   Now I just laugh when people say things like that, and I ask, "Why?"  That one question never fails.  Since I say it laughing, it doesn't sound mean, but it always puts them on the spot, and they always...
Yes, it can happen at ANY time!  You just never know!
My 4 year old and newborn!
Just checking in to keep up with the mamas-in-waiting.  It really never fails-- I mentioned this before .. .but there is always a point in pregnancy that I think I will NEVER EVER give birth, and then it happens, and I wonder why I ever felt that way.  (Rinse and repeat!)   I think one of the toughest parts is that we just don't know "when."  It's sort of like the 2 WW, if you've ever done that-- analyze every sign, but you only know when it's official.  The last 2...
Paulina Noelle December 18 7 lbs 5 oz 20 inches 39 weeks 0 days
Here is my birth story.   Saturday: Went to my mom's evening Christmas party.  Stayed on my feet the whole time to help since sitting didn't feel better.  Got home and graded papers until midnight-- done with work for the quarter so I told the baby she could come now. Could not sleep.  Ate tiramisu and it left a really strong taste of rum in my mouth.  (Somehow, totally forgot about the alcohol in it!)  Worried about that.  No cramps or any sign of labor.  Finally...
Thank you for the recommendations.  I will see if our library has these or can get them for me!   wissa, I am open to good novels, too, so feel free to pass on titles for those!