or Connect

Posts by Mizelenius

Found this blog post . . .this pregnancy has been my first real experience with prodromal labor (woo hoo!).  Reading the comments here helps!   http://injennuous.blogspot.com/2006/08/more-on-prodromal-labor.html
We don't homeschool anymore, but I did work part time, though from home.  I am still working.  In my situation, the problem is having young children, not homeschooling.  With older children, I could do what I needed during the day, or at least partly.  For the last few years, I've had to work at night, pretty much every night.     It's exhausting and I do not recommend it. No such thing as time for myself, other than the posts I get in here.  Posting on MDC would not...
Is there such a thing . . .I am looking for history DVDs (topic of American history is what DD is interested in) without any real violence.   We've exhausted the Liberty's Kids series.   My DD was excited to watch The History of US but one of the first scenes was a man about to be burned at the stake . . .she's 6 and it's just too much for her!   History seems to be inherently violent, so maybe this does not exist!
You and your kids are just too cute!  I totally know what you mean about the "high."  Do you know what I think it is?  One of the only times that us mamas feel justified in relaxing for a bit!  This is what I tell DH . . .that right after birth, I feel like I've accomplished something so I deserve a break without guilt!
Yeah, I would agree .  . .unless someone is really in horrible pain, I don't see the point of rushing it, because it will be happening eventually, even though it feels like never.   I am trying to let go of this idea that I have to work with everyone's schedules and make it the "right time" to give birth.  Whatever happens, happens.   Especially since it's your first, if you have time, I would do everything on your list.  Or, I'd do nothing.  Nowadays, some of my favorite...
Yay!  Looking forward to the birth story!
My all-day cx STOPPED. I don't even care, except today my mom came over, DH left work early . . .my support system will not be here if this goes on and on.   If I could have the freedom to have the baby "whenever" it would be so much easier!  It's frustrating to have to coordinate this with other people.
I have been having cx all day that are 5 min. apart and bloody show.  Happened to have an appt; the MW checked me this a.m.  I was only 3-4 then.  Cx are stronger but not coming any closer together.  I have never had a labor like this!  Very confusing.   I am about to go to my DD's first band concert . . .I do not want to miss it.  Just hope nothing picks up during the performance. :)   SB, I really thought yesterday was going to be your day!!!  I am sure the...
Yes, that is exactly what I mean!  I apologize that I was not clear.  Thank you!   I also wanted to add that in statistics for child abuse/neglect, would you believe that the lowest documented form of abuse is EMOTIONAL abuse?  As you said, IsaFrench, emotional abuse is built into physical abuse.  To me, this is a sign that even the "professionals" have a hard time quantifying/qualifying emotional abuse. I would guess that it is actually the most common form of...
Azadehhast, do whatever you need to do.  Seriously!  Don't even think twice about it.  Take care of yourself!   lotus, that sounds so promising.  AND EXCITING!   SB, wow-- you are in the small % of people who give birth on their due date!  Woo hooo!!!!!  I'll be checking back for your happy update!     It's weird, but while I feel pregnant, I can't even imagine giving birth ever.  I always feel this way . . .like it will never happen.     Beautiful...