or Connect

Posts by Mizelenius

I feel the same way.  I am really uncomfortable but I know things will only get harder when she is actually here.  Other than packing for the hospital, there isn't anything I really need to prepare for the baby (I guess?).  I do have many lose ends in other areas to tie up, though.  I'd like to take care of things like wrapping presents, too.  Not sure if that MIGHT be easier with her "out," though, since at least I could bend down easily.    But yeah, taking it one day...
Thank you for these updates, mamas!  It's hard to believe how one little person needs so much . . .and grows so fast!   Hugs to you and your families during this exciting time!
What an organized person!   People didn't even answer when I called today (my mom didn't answer call waiting and DH said he didn't know I left a message).  Good thing I was not in labor!   Wish I could get a big cab and just take us all to the hospital myself.  I truly do not like being dependent on anyone.  
HAHAHA!!
Well, this won't fit in the bag, but I really like to bring the Boppy.  I use it not just for nursing but holding the baby in the bed.  I am always so worried I will fall asleep and the baby will fall onto the floor, so this is just a little way to keep her safer.  A pouch is good, too.   I also finally figured out that I need to bring really comfortable clothes to wear (old ones, preferably black since you'll be messy/bleeding) instead of the hospital gown.  When I...
Nice-- between your BIL and DH I think you will be OK, as long as they can leave quickly.  
Ha, ha about DH remembering to call the school . . .I don't think he would!  He does not have a good memory for that kind of thing.  This last time I said, your ONLY job is to get me to the hospital (it's kind of tricky and at least 20 min from here, and DD was born 20 min after I got there).  Guess what?  He didn't research it and got lost.  We had to pull over for him to figure out how to find it on the GPS.  Same hospital this time, and I told him I really did not...
I have a nice neighbor and a good friend nearby, but they are gone a lot.  My DH used to work 20 min. away so it was not a problem, but now he's downtown . . .not only does the train take awhile, but they don't come that frequently.  My mom lives an hour away-- last time she did not make it.  (Lucky my friend was home.)   EuroMama, I'd be OK if it happened if my kids were at school, I think, because there are parents I know would be there who could watch them for an hour...
Love your birth story!  I can very much relate to the "I can't get on the bed" feeling.  That is exactly what happened with #3-- I was in the shower and realized I wanted to push . . .barely made it to the bed and was in the same hands/knees position when the MW/DH helped me up.  It was the best because she came out so easily that way but I would never have planned it.   I love the part about the L/D nurse, too!  How sweet!    Gabriel is too adorable!  Congrats...
That is too funny!  Did she save the boots???   I think my biggest fear is being alone with the kids and going into labor quickly.  I am not having a HB so this makes things complicated.  I don't think I can drive with cx, but then what would I do with the kids?  And then, IF (big if) I find someone to watch them, I will have to figure out how to get to the hospital.  Cab?  I better have cash handy in case, which I never do.    I am thinking, though, that I will either...