or Connect

Posts by Mizelenius

Quote: Originally Posted by Quindin I hate being accused of being under "pregnant hormones craze" all the time. Yes, I do get into certain moody periods, but when I have something justified, yet unpleasant to say, it is NOT my hormones acting up. It feels like our feelings are undermined if people will cry "pregnancy hormones" if we are anything buy bouncy happy. I never really believed in hormonal mood shifts . . .until they started happening...
We gave just about everything away except the crib (used for naps with my 3rd long ago but we were just about to disassemble), the Amby, my many carriers (I was saving them to pass on to the kids), and cloth diapers. What will we buy? Maybe some new clothes, but my sister will probably just let us borrow what we gave her. (We trade!) Carseat-- my sister will let us borrow (hers is a year old). I may have to get some new diaper covers since I may have gotten rid of...
What the heck-- I'm in. I hesitate to post because of some IRL people who read these boards and will . . .well, gossip about the news. Phooey to them! Hopefully they will keep quiet, but it's not likely. I will pretend this info will remain private, hahahaha! ANYWAY, I am completely and utterly surprised to be here, due with #4 sometime around Nov. 20th? Not sure. The last two times I charted and I knew every detail, but not so this time. I hope that we are...
No, I don't drink at all when I'm PG. I rarely drink anyway, but my thought is-- WHY? I also don't take Tylenol for my migraines (that I get when pregnant) or use any drugs during labor even though "studies" confirm that they are safe. For 9 months, it just isn't about me, plain and simple. I am a host, and I do everything I can to ensure that my guest has the very best. To each her own.
I'm sorry. Just ridiculous!!! OT but . . .is there any way you could just borrow a changing table? Then you could spend your $ on other things. I used one with my first for a few months, but by my 2nd baby, I changed her anywhere. Just a thought.
My niece is Arya and no one EVER calls her Ary/Ari.
In a book (maybe The Secret of Parenting) it said WE ALL HAVE OUR BABY SELVES. We all let down our guard at home . . .have to have it together when we are out, but NO ONE is like that all of the time. If your 2 yo is "together" when you're out/he's with others, you are way ahead of the game.
Quote: Originally Posted by zjande I'll realize my 5th grader has no idea what an adverb is & I'll freak out & decide I suck at teaching language arts, surf Amazon for new curriculum, fill myself with doubt & worry, and then wake up the next day & realize that everything is fine & dandy & *I* don't even know what an adverb is & I get along just fine! I agree-- knowing what an adverb is won't change one's life, but if you want her to learn, a...
Quote: Originally Posted by melissabb My son is eight. And if I have learned anything in the past year it is that he often "forgets" things. But, in reality I don't think they forget. I think sometimes they just don't want to be bothered. Maybe, maybe not. I routinely forget things . . .I really do. I don't mean like where my keys are (I usually do know!) or that my kids need x, y or z, but I mean things about history, music, etc. that other...
Miranda: Would you suggest starting in the 1st book, just to get familiar with the format? DD does not like review, however! AAK: Yes . . .I have pretty much been avoiding any sort of math program for the very reason you are suggesting. I think I start to panic about math and want something to cling to! I think most children just get addition/multiplication/subtraction/division pretty easily because it does come up often in daily life. Today I tested her . . .if...