or Connect

Posts by mountainmommy

I was put on lactic acid yeast, and alothough I cannot exactly answer your question, I can tell you what it was supposed to do for me (which it did very well). I was craving sugar a lot, decreased energy etc, probably lots of candids hanging out in my body...and my baby's, which can produce lots of problems. Immune system etc and obviously digestion can be affected. You would not want to take straight yeast as this is candida-producing. I think the lactic acid yeast...
we are attending a waldorf inspired school. I love waldorf and love the school, but also want to help my son out here....he has learned many sight words by himself, is copying these words, writing and recognizing all his letters, and is only just 5. We are keeping him at the waldorf school, but he asks me to come write with him/ teach him new words all the time, and I comply...I'm not about to stop him...I'm very proud of his accomplishments and interest (although I would...
yup...I agree. That was a really good clarification, Penelpoe. I just talked to the child's Mom and told her that i was basically going to shadow the three of their play for a week or so, and intervene faster etc. You are right...this is mainly something that happens at drop off and pick up times, and it is something I can streamline more if need be, but I want to see if it will figure itself out first. It is actually a good opportunity for my son to be protective if he...
thanks for the advice...I think you're right...perhaps I was feeling "mean" intervening sooner than I have been, but I feel exactly that way...that I need to come to my childrens' aid...I don't care any more what the other mother thinks of my tactics. I have everybody's bets interestes at heart. Keep the advice rolling...I will be posting again later today, as I am off to talk to a friend of mine who has 3 daughters...music togetehr class this morning and we see her...
anybody? i really have to get to bed soon, and would so love some encouraging words. I'll bump this tomorrow if it doesn't get a response. Do you all think I'm posting this in the right place?
Hey...sorry if my thread title is confusing. Here's what's happening. my son has just turned 5 and he attends a kindergatrten 3 morns a week. He will attend 5 mornings next year 9it is mixed age). He has known a little girl in the kindergarten for about a year. She is 5 and a half. When they first met, she loved my son and sort of babied him. However, as my daughter has grown older (she is now 2), the 5.5 yr old girl is absolutely doting on my daughter, sometimes...
we attended my son's first advent spiral "the winter garden of light" at our charter school here in Flagstaff....I was close to tears because it very closely resembled something that I did as a child in the Church of England...over there, we clebrate Christcringle festival sometime around nov-dec..not exactly sure of it's significance...it was back in the foggy mists of no-real-memory early childhood for me. Toby's spiral was the same as described above with the pine...
an update.... Toby came down with "official" chicken pox yesterday. He has a very mild case so far..today he has 15, which is much milder than his sis was on her 2nd day. I think that the wierd bug bite thingys must have been some sort of immune response for sure, but am glad that his case is more clear cut now. Life is much easier now that i know. I just wonder if he was contagious this weekend with the bug bitey stuff?
he sounds like tiredness may be doing as much to prevent him kicking this than anything else.....rest may just be the trick. Elderberry works well as an antiviral, but I don't think that's the problem. If it is definitely mucous-y then you need a good expectorant and decongestant....just be sure that whatever you end up with doesn't have honey in it..many do, especially the homeopathic syrups. If this was Rhiannon a year ago, it may have been one of the few times I decided...
thanks for the link, Gitti! the only concern that I have had about sending him to school is what if some child with leukemia or an autoimmune disorder gets varicella because of my kid? And what if a parent gets it severely? Or a pregnant woman, or a young baby? I am not concerned about healthy kids like my own, but, really, I wouldn't knowingly spread a cold around, let alone varicella, ya know? Whose responsibility is that, ethically? If my son has no symptoms then i...