or Connect

Posts by Addie's Mom

I think my little girl wants to be a nudist, and we are at arctic temps here in Minnesota! No interest in clothes- other than dress up clothes! Gretchen
Addie used to listen to the music from music together class all the time, but her new fave is the Finding Nemo CD. She LOVES to sing and dance around to Sea Cruise (the Oooh eee part is her favorite!)
Last week Addie pointed to the picture on the tv at her grandparent's house and said "Santa Claus!" I came in- expecting to see somenice Christmas movie. Instead I saw that they were watching breaking news and that Addie had identified Saddam Hussein as Santa. Yikes! Gretchen
Addie is scared of the Wiggles. She runs into the kitchen during the preview that is on one of her videos. I can't say that I blame her- I think they are kinda scary, too. Gretchen
Well, it has been 2 nights of freedom from coughing. Thank you to everyone for the suggestions. We ended up giving her sudafed about 1 1/2 hours before bed on the first night and just winged it the second night. Hopefully we're through with the cough...until next bad cold (insert foreboding music here.) We are now onto bigger and better things.....like teething. Ah, here we go again! Thanks again everyone! Gretchen PS The warm air from the shower did seems...
Thanks for the replies thus far. I should probable give a little more detail here. DD is recovering from a cold and doesn't cough at all during the day. Her nose gets a little runny, but nothing too scary. She starts coughing around the the same time the last several nights. The coughing isn't a continous coughing, but periodically for about an hour. I can hear that it isn't a dry cough, but that the drainage is lingering in her throat and she is trying to clear it. ...
Hello everyone. I am seeking advice (not desperately yet, but just give me a couplde more sleepless nights) regarding night waking due to sinus drainage. My DD has been waking up the last couple nights at approximately the same time with a coughing fit that sounds like her throat is full of drainage. She coughs and sputters and last night even spit up the milk she just consumed (still night nursing a couple times a night.) I end up holding her in a semi upright...
Well, this is a very timely post for our family, too. DD is 21 months old and we are considering trying to get pregnant early next year. One of my hesitations is that DD is still enjoying breastfeeding, as am I, and I really don't want to breastfeed while pregnant. Also, DD is not a great sleeper still, and I remember how tired I was when I was pregnant the first time. Some of our peers from playgroup are pregnant or having recently given birth and it makes me want to...
Hi, I was also an October baby and I absolutely loved to have a party that time of the year. I could invite friends over and everyone would wear a costume. We would bob for apples (maybe you could adjust this to a 2 year old level. pick them out of a tank of water and than make caramal apples.) Also fun and easy games like hit the pumpkin pinata and closing eyes and feeling worms (cooked spaghetti) would be fun. You could set the stage to play bats by reading...
Hi Erin, You have found a great board. I peruse the posts at least once a day. This is where I found the suggestion for a great kids Yoga video that Addie (21 months) really loves. Gretchen