or Connect

Posts by babe&baba

I have "fantasies" about our upcoming homebirth similar to yours. I don't really think of them as fantasies but rather positive thinking that will lead to a positive birth experience. I imagine lighting my candles, playing with my kids (I remember the little dance party with my DH and daughter while laboring with my 2nd), enjoying cuddle time with my husband, maybe have a glass of wine.... I can't wait for our big day. I likewise have had friends look at me like I am...
Our midwife for our homebirth is $1800. With 80/20 insurance even in network you would likely pay much more than that in the end. I had 80/20 insurance with our first baby and we were still billed about $4000.
I was under the impression that in some states with licensend and regulated Midwives they had to discontinue services at 42 weeks due to liablity issues. You can do it. Have the student assistant act as your doula. It sounds like it will all work out great. I can understand that it feels like after these 9 months you are being abandoned because of some arbitrary date but she likely has no choice.
When are you due? I may be able to copy mine and send them to you. I got mine from a woman I met on Babycenter because I could not afford it at the time. I would love to pay it forward to you also. I am due in late January.
I used hypnobabies for my 2nd and would HIGHLY recommend it. I had a fast, furious, no breaks in between contractions, 3 hour labor with my daughter. With our son we were living in the middle of no where and I knew I would likely end up laboring in a car at some point. I also was dedicated to natural childbirth so I used the Hypnobabies home study. It was WONDERFUL. I remember arriving to have our local doc check me and I was feeling GREAT. I was chatting and...
Wow! What kind of insurance do you have that your birth would be free at a hospital or birth center? Even when I had great insurance we still ended up paying around $3500 out of pocket. We are having a homebirth and while the low cost of $1800 is great since we don't have health insurance it is one of the lowest factors on our decision list for a homebirth.
We are having a homebirth for our 3rd this January. I have not told my mother yet for fear of a similar reaction. I just plan on having the studies ready and even referring her to a friend of mine who had a homebirth last year. My mom has worked in law offices for 25years and, like your mother, only sees the bad side of good things. She currently works in medical malpractice so her available information is ONLY about medical related cases that went bad and not the...
We are having a homebirth with our 3rd due in January. My DH was hesitant but open at first and now he is all excited about our decision. I'm not sure what kind of insurance you have but even with good insurance you still would have a larger bill to pay at the hospital than you will be paying for your midwife. My insurance with our first was 80/20 and we were billed around $3000. Our midwife is $1800 and considering we don't have insurance this time around,...
Quote: Originally Posted by momtoS This time.....I gave my midwives a basket of hamdmade soaps from the local farmers market, as well as pens that say *midwives deliver miracles* and scratch pads that have a border that has the pluses of breastfeeding written around it. Last time (same midwives) I gave them bottles of wine and massage gift certificates. Can you share where you got the pens and scratch pads? That sounds like a wonderful gift...