or Connect

Posts by NotQuiteJuneCleaver

After reading all the posts here...I just had to order myself one. I will try to keep up so if there is ever another co-op I might get in on it. I had purchased a couple of sarongs and even though I am a bit big for my 5 foot frame, they dont look half bad! So I was thrilled to find this thread!
I rarely post (any more!) but this really caught my attention! Quote: Originally Posted by hotmamacita She just seems angry. Maybe today she was mourning her not having had children and took it out on you in a twisted way. I am so sorry you had to deal with that. Me? When I could shake it off, and when my heart felt kind towards her, I would pray for her. Until then, feel what you are and work out the energy she dumped on you. That just...
I wasnt real sure how to figure income either. We have 6 kids (three grown and gone from home) and make 4 times the average income for our state...so I will say high...if we lived elsewhere it would be different of course.
Wow...I really found this thread fascinating! Amazing even. And very impressed with how each of you represented your beliefs without strife. Being raised nothing, marrying a lapsed Catholic we have at times been influenced by many different religions. To finally at 46, grasp a personal belief is astounding. And freeing. And causes so much emotion...the light came on!! I hope merpk and BelovedBird, you wont mind me quoting you in real life! You wrote it all so...
At best in the past I have been agnostic. But recently and especially after my father's death, I have become acutely aware of my needing to belong. To something. I have been so SO drawn to Judaism which couldnt be anymore of a change for my family. I dont even know a Jewish person in real life! But for me it so so seems like the truth. Something I can grasp. It would be easier, much easier for me to just go to the local church and pray and be a part but I cant. I will NOT...
Quote: Originally Posted by Deirdre if that gives anyone an idea of what kind of leanings the new Pope has.... I, for one, have never had any delusions about his leanings. As one who at a ripe old age is just now grasping what she believes, I do appreciate being back here and reading and learning. I am married to a former catholic...German Catholic...very ultra religious family... his marrying me "me of little religion" was one...
I am just on page 1 but I am eating this up with a spoon!!! Oh my, I needed every word I have read so far...back to read more. And no when I am thru I will not have anything intelligent to add, though I feel so much smarter already!!! Thank each of you who has taken the time to answer questions. I know how very precious your time is.
Oh I am just sneaking in! I am doing good actually. I have done a lot of soul searching since leaving here before. My dad died in November of '04 and since that time, I have done much "growing up"...letting go of something, grasping at others.
This is a very intereting topic. I learn something new everyday. And at my age(46) that's saying something!
Bridgette. Good old Irish w/American spelling. From the Irish name Brighid which means "exalted one". In Irish mythology she was the goddess of fire, poetry and wisdom, the daughter of the god Dagda. This name was also borne by two important saints: a patron saint of Ireland (also known as Brigid) who established a convent at Kildare in the 5th century, and the patron saint of Sweden (also known as Birgitta) who founded an order of nuns in the 14th century. Me: Susan...