or Connect

Posts by Averilbaveril

I would like to ask about hemp oil. I, and both my daughters seem to allergic to gluten, eggs, dairy, soy, chocolate, garbonzo beans and possibly corn (I had a fecal test for my five-year old that confirmed the gluten and dairy, the rest was determined by elimination diet) . My two-year old is allergic to even more. I have a face rash (roseaca) that has reduced as I have limited my diet so that my 2 year old doesn't react when nursing to what I have eaten. I have...
I and my children have been seeing a chiropractor for a couple of years (my husband is more ambivilant about the experience, and no longer goes). I started because of back problems I had experienced because of my professional musician career. I started taking my now 4 year old when she was 2 to see how it would improve/maintain her health. It has been great to take her after a big fall! She is a bit of a high-needs girl, and is invariably calmer/happier after a visit. ...
My husband and I are both qualified to do the same thing: teach oboe and music theory. So when I took leave from my college job to have our first child, he covered for me. Then we decided to share the job, and we have continued this through a second child and perhaps for much longer. I do not regret not moving "higher" in my career, but I do find it hard sometimes to be as health-conscious (buy organic food for instance), when we have less money. I know that once we...