or Connect

Posts by rosadesal

how do you get them to agree to 60/40 instead of 50/50? my ex is playing it up like its no big deal to just do 50/50, especially because we've agreed to the support amount for 50/50 but i've requested 60/40. my reasoning has been mostly that it's what we've done in the past (actually, we've done 70/30, but whatever), and that it's important to not be rotating days during the school year...i'm running out of reasons to insist on this, to stand up against his "why not"...
  my ex's gf is really pushing herself on to DD which is difficult because it's causing some problems in DD's life and ex refuses to acknowledge that it's an issue. he's never had any regard for me as her mom, though...i'm more of an inconvenience that he's forced to deal with. when he's not dating, he's much better at communicating with me about parenting things, but since he's been with gf, she's been the priority and when i try and address anything about DD, especially...
this was so helpful to read. i'm dealing with something similar with ex and his gf, and it has been more about things she's done that dd tells me about that make me uncomfortable, but even then...its ex that allows it to happen, and ex is the problem. he's doing to her exactly what he did to me when we met (too much to type out). right now, he's refusing to parent with me because he feels like by not being social with his gf, i'm not accepting him. i suppose we'll figure...
  i'm going through something similar, and am hesitant to post about it anywhere searchable. where are you at currently w/the case? were you married before? what is your current arrangement?
have you read "what your explosive child is trying to tell you?" i've been reading it lately and there are a lot of great thoughts and case examples from the author, many of which deal with children around your son's age with similar behaviors. *hugs*
  we haven't tried melatonin yet either. calms forte doesn't seem to help us. our OT suggested making a nest that my DD can read/rest in, or a tent w/flashlight. not sure if those would be helpful, i think you said your child is younger... we've had ups and downs with music. DD asks for music every night, but it doesn't seem to help - though the silence doesn't help either. good luck! keep us updated!
Hi! These are all great suggestions (I'm taking notes...). My DD is 5 and we met with an OT this past week after DD had done a playgroup through my University where they pair an autistic child with a "normal" child, and through that I was able to touch base with the OT running the group and fill out a sensory profile. The playgroup itself, the environment and consciously designed activities, did wonders for DD. I should have a written report within the week and then will...
I saw a medical doctor who told me that my GI issues are because of my panic attacks. My psychologist tells me that my GI issues are causing my panic attacks. Conflicting information. I had blood work done to check thyroid and autoimmune disorders, and the only thing that came back abnormal was my eosinophil which was high. The doc said this was probably due to seasonal allergies and told me to get some Zyrtec, but then insisted that she "strongly believed" I needed to...
  I saw a doc this morning and had them run labs to do a complete blood count, thyroid, and an auto-immune marker test. However, she doesn't feel optimistic that the labs will tell us anything substantial and wants to put me on Zoloft and Klonopin for when I do have panic attacks. I wanted to do some more reading/research before taking the prescription, so I have a follow up visit next week. I was hoping that there might be some underlying medical issue - for the rest of...
  what do you take, if you don't mind me asking?