or Connect

Posts by MRizzuto

Thanks for your reply. We're considering adopting an older child -- say 2-4 year old age bracket, a boy. Our biological son is 4.5. We're wondering about the incidents of attachment disorder in older children, how one might detect whether it exists and how to work with it if it does exist. Any thoughts you might have are very appreciated. Margaret
Does anyone have any experience with a child(ren) with Attachment disorder, either biological or adopted -- though I imagine it's more common in adopted children. With appreciaton, Margaret
If you check the archives at http://www.waldorfresources.org/ you'll find a lot of reviews for each of these. Best, Margaret
Lisa, Thank you for your reply, sharing your experience and voicing all that I have seen and feel in regard to WE. It's really so unfortunate that there is this wonderful opportunity to educate children in a beautiful and wonderful way and it just misses the mark. Yet another reason for home schooling. Best, Margaret Keep knocking, and the joy inside will eventually open a window and look out to see who's there. ...
I really appreciate all the view points and sharing in this post. For me personally, I've been disappointed. My husband and I moved a few states away in order to be close enough to a Waldorf School for our 4 year old to attend. When we first arrived, my son and I went to a parent/child program. It was pretty clear straight -away that the teacher and my son just did not click. She was a nice enough women, with lots of experience but she seemed lost as to how to deal with...
I am a believer in all I read about the importance of rhythm in the days, especially for younger children -- the problem is that I can't seem to keep to it. There always seems to be something that takes me away from my best laid plans. Does anyone have any thoughts as to how to begin to create and keep rhythm going in the days? With much appreciation, Margaret Keep knocking, and the joy inside will eventually open a window and look out to see who's there. ~Rumi
I keep hearing that a good Waldorf education depends on the teacher, what happens if the teacher is not particularly good, for one reason or another? With appreciaiton, Margaret
Does anyone know of any HS conferences on the East Coast -- Waldorf inspired would be ideal, but I'm also interested in HS in and of itself. With appreciation, Margaret
Wow, what great information, thanks so much. I would love to know about the Keene group, LAMP. Keene is only about an hour from here. Are any of these groups Waldorf inspired by chance? One of the challenges of this new venture for me so far has been trying to keep some rhythm in our days. I'm really working at it but consistency has never been one of my strong points. I started now (pre-school) hoping that within a year or so I might have a better grip on things....
It's great to see such interest in Waldorf and home schooling. Yes, Oak Meadow is a Waldorf inspired home schooling program, the site address is: www.oakmeadow.com. I did purchase the pre-school curriculm and have really enjoyed it. It's very child focused and heart centered. Another is Live Education at: http://www.live-education.com. A really great resource is Waldorf Resources, Inc. It's a not-for-profit group geared specifically toward home schoolers using...