or Connect

Posts by DirtyHippyMama

yup.  i found that laundry soap to absolutely SUCK.  i love the idea of it, it's fun to make and makes me feel good to use, but it just.doesn't.cut it.  
we have a 'towel hamper' in the laundry room for towels, rags, bibs, napkins, etc.  if something is really wet, i drape it over the side of the hamper until it's dry to avoid mildew, which we do have problems with (florida!).  bath towels are hung up in the bathroom to dry and i go around and collect the dirty ones on wash day.
i said yes, but didn't need it (yet!  knock on wood!).  i held on to the free samples that came in my welcome baby bag from target and the similac backpack from my L&D nurse mom.  they are in a closet, for REAL emergencies, like i have to go to the ER (for serious things that i can't take the baby with me for), and i have no frozen pumped milk.    i had some emergency formula for my last babe, and had to use it once when i took my then-3.5yo daughter in for stitches...
as for things i can't do for myself, i like having the blood work done (although i suppose i could get it done at a local private lab, not sure about those rules around here), and being able to ask questions about things i'm unsure of (without googling, that is ), like heart palpitations, baby's position (i never quite got that one right, but i would be more motivated to figure it out if i needed to), etc.  i also like to have a relationship with my backup care...
whoops, that brings up a few more things.  i also wanted to make sure my placenta was in a safe place (it was), and the u/s showed that she was breech at 20 wks (nbd in general, i know), so i had another (very brief, about 3 minutes) u/s at 28 wks, again with the HB backup OB, to see if she had turned (she had), and to try to see the gender again (she still had her legs crossed - argh!).  in the end i was able to confirm vertex presentation with self-cervical checks (i...
i voted "multiple" ...i did not UP though, fwiw.  i may have chosen to do that, if i had known from the start that i would end up UC'ing, and if there is a next time, i probably will (if for no other reason than i have probably been "blacklisted" by local care providers ).   i have all the typical prenatal care equipment and a history of relatively complication-free pregnancies, so i would be comfortable doing that.   i had a 20 week ultrasound with the HB MWs'...
i wanted to add a few things...   fwiw, i was also diagnosed with GD when pg with my twins...for failing the 1hr test by 5 measly little points -- they didn't even bother with the 3hr test.    it was frustrating, because it compounded my "high risk" factors (twins alone makes one "high risk").  it was easily controlled with diet (when i cheated my sugars went up, but never above ~150 anyway), and my babies were NOT big (4'10 and 5'10 at 36 weeks).  they did have low...
yeah, it seems kind of perplexing to me that they would want to know about the state of your marriage at all...but then i remember that Ina May talks a lot about that in her books, how marital discord can end up slowing labor, etc., until the mama comes out and gets it off her chest, then things miraculously progress quickly...i'm not sure how i really feel about that theory.  i mean, i'm sure it has its place, but i definitely don't believe it's one size fits all.  a...
wow, that is awful!  if anything, that type of emotional interference can have a far more negative effect on the birth than your marital issues do!  i totally understand your desire to UC instead!  i think i would be leaning the same way in your situation.
it can't hurt to have them on hand.  i bought some jic i needed to end up UP'ing (i didn't).