or Connect

Posts by nurturemama

Hi All: My ex re-married a while ago, he moved in with his now wife, when our daughter was about 11 mos old. Our daughter is now 3 yrs old. They (my ex and his wife) had a baby about a year ago. Our daughter has always addressed her step mom as " Mo Mo" she recently started calling her Mommy. I think it has to do with the new baby etc. I dont feel comfortable with this, but my ex is unwilling to correct our daughter when she addresses her step mom as Mommy,...
Wow so glad that you can relate so much to my situation..that you went through the same thing! And things are good! Whoo Hoo! (Can you tell I am excited My daughter had her first overnight on Friday and did really well. She was so happy when she came back. She was babbling and smiling and saying Da Da. It was a beautiful thing. My mind was full of all these negative things and she came back happier then when I left her . She truly enjoys her dad. She goes to the...
Thank you so much JRsmama! Your email really helped me a lot. Really put things into perspective. I am sorry to hear you are going through the same ordeal. I am praying for you sister . I feel really blessed to have the support of these discussion boards..without it, who knows where I would be. I think I am going to print your email to remind myself that I am Zoes Mama and nothing..nothing will change that. I get so caught up in the what ifs? I dont know..just...
Hi Joanna Thank you for your support..it is much appreciated. I am not sure why he has such extensive visitation rights, being that there is documented abuse and a restraining order. I think it is because the abuse was not to her, but to me. California is very pro father and I think they only restrict visitation if there is a long history of abuse, abuse to the child, etc. Thank you for the La Leche League link. I have visited that site before. I emailed the...
Wow! I am also nursing,co-sleeping a 16 month old, I am 25 years old and have wondered the same thing. I am also not going to leave my daughter with a miscellaneous individual so I can have a night out on the town. But I so long for the companionship..ya know? Where do you meet good guys now a days? I have secretly hoped that there would be like a singles LLL suaray of sorts..lol. I don't have any advice really but just know there are lots of us out there in the...
hi all i am a single mama of a beautiful 16 month old girl. Since i separated from my dh life has been a nightmare. to make a long story short he is an abuser (thats why i left) and got worse once we separated. i have a restraining order now. we were ordered to court ordered mediation to determine custody and visitation. that was a joke. the standard in california is everyother weekend with one weekday visit. i explained to the mediator that my daughter has never...
thank you bonnie and stella. i will look more into the live in nanny thing. i checked with agencies and they are like no kids with you..so i have been combing the classifieds. i am sure something is bound to turn up. any website suggestions? also..thanks for the input on your child and now at 18 mos that they can fall asleep on their own..yea! i think 18 mos is pretty common for the independence to start sprouting up. another woman i know her daughter also started...
Hi all I just wanted to introduce myself..i am 25 yr old (almost) single momma to zoe who is 7 mos old. we live in huntington beach, calif. we practice ap parenting, family bed, sling, bfeeding, etc. i am pretty new to the single parent scene (we still live together) so i am still scaird, nervous, etc. glad to know i am not alone! its been great to see how all you ladies have managed to stay home with your child..i am working on that myself..
thanks for the reply...good point about the daycare thing. i did not think of that. my family is out of the question..pretty much unless they would let me stay on the couch. have to grandmas within a couple blocks of me..but neither i would really trust with my beauty. one is a practicing alcoholic the other..very detached..as in detachment parenting (i guess). i was thinking of talking to the ladies in my ap playgroup to see if anyone would watch her..i trust them. ...
thanks for your intro. i am a single mommy to zoe who is 7mos old (i guess soon to be single mommy..we are just in the process still living together..arrggh we live in hb. i am trying to find work i can do from home. my daughter is pretty much a high need baby and wont tolerate anyone else caring for her other than me. so daycare is not an option..really even if she was not this way i still would not use it as an option. does anyone have ideas for stay at home...