or Connect

Posts by ashesofyou

Ooh... If you haven't ovulated yet, it may be too late for that follicle... depending on the specific doc, some of them are a bit more loose with their numbers due to experience, some are sticklers... A follicle grows at aprox 2mm a day, a mature follicle is between 16mm and 24mm. Below 16 and the egg is likely not to dislodge from the wall of the follicle and/or be viable. Above about 24mm, the egg is probably not viable, and the follicle is classified as a cyst...
18mm on CD 12 is an AWESOME stim! The 11 is pretty much guaranteed not to be a dominant follicle, but it will probably help your progesterone levels in your 2ww. More than one or two mm's difference in the sizes of the largest follicles, you just look at the largest size. And anything below 10mm is usually not even measured, just counted. Awesome, awesome follicle. Sooooooo much luck to you and your DP for this cycle! Have an awesome few days together!
Wonderful! How many mm's were they? What was your CD when they measured?
Jenne- Part of PCOS can be that even with easy meds like femara or clomid, the body is off balance/out of sync. I'll use myself as an example. I wasted 6 cycles with an OB who had me do OPKs, scheduled home intercourse, and a CD21 progesterone draw. No pregnancy. Once I got my self to a RE that knew what he was doing, we figured out that even through my progesterone was saying I had ovulated every time except once, my ovaries were not releasing the follicle until...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenne First medicated cycle. I had my first RE appointment back in 2003. We've been TTC since we got married in November. I don't have anything even mildly close to a "normal" or "regular" cycle. Jenne Have you talked about moving to injections in a few cycles? Maybe US monitoring? PCOS sucks. I'm sorry you're dealing with it too. Has your doc said anything more about your testosterone levels?
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenne I will go in for a blood draw for progesterone 7 days after I "O" to confirm or deny. Other than that though, no other monitoring. Today I'm having fairly sharp pain in the same area... Jenne That is fairly hands off monitoring for an RE. Is this your first cycle with meds at all? How long have you been TTC?
Quote: Originally Posted by DaisyMae08 I think that whole bit about "if God wanted you to have a baby" is nonsense. Do the folks that say that think he prefers for teenagers and drug addicted mothers to be the ones that have babies? Doesn't make good sense to me. Don't let that get to you. It's just something people say when they don't really know what else to say. Ignore them. A big 'ole fat : to what Daisy said. I've been at this long...
If you don't mind dip tests, go to earlypregnancytest.com and order their opks. They are a little more difficult to read, so there were times that I used two and compared them. But they are cheap enough that doing that, or using them multiple times daily was no problem.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenne Thanks for the replies! I do a TF diet with mostly meat and cooked veggies with only rare, well soaked grains. So, I just finished with the 5 days of Femara and I'm wondering what to expect now. Yesterday I was having alternating pains low (ovaries???) which I thought was strange. I'm doing a fertility monitor and it is still low (I expect it to remain low despite the meds, tbh). Any ideas about what I might feel...
Usually the first step is an HSG, fairly inexpensive in the scope of things, and can make sure that your uterus has a normal shape/position, and that your remaining tube is clear. After that, the doc will likely want to monitor you on a cycle of clomid or femara to see how your body reacts to the low end stimulation. Your DH will probably need to have a sample tested somewhere in there, so see where his numbers are. After that, depending on how you stimulate,...