or Connect

Posts by annab

We have done a preschool co-op since my son was two. He was done last year, and my daughter started this year. Here is the link to our governing body: http://www.preschoolco-op.org/ Here is one of our schools that has a multi-age class: http://www.fisherspointecoop.org/
Our library has a wonderful selection. Most of what we listen to is chosen because it is something we have read, and I don't want to read it 50 times. We have lots of Beverly Cleary, Geronimo Stilton and some of the Magic Tree House, but we also have done some others like Rascal and even some of the picture books like Stellaluna and If You Give an Animal a Treat books. DS is ready for chapter books, but not ready to read a lot of them. When they are older and...
Quote: Originally Posted by Apricot I'm confused. What instructions did you get after your IUD? Mine were nothing in the vagina for 4 weeks. Really? I have never heard that one. I was told to use another method until my next period because I had mine inserted at ovulation time. Planned Parenthood site says: You can resume sexual activity as soon as you like after insertion.
I like this as well: http://www.plimoth.org/education/olc/index_js2.html
I don't mind arugments so much, so I might not give the advice that you want. Before you see her again, I would be totally honest. "I have noticed that you are interested in the progress of DD's learning. I know you have her best interest at heart, but I would appreciated it if you would stop playing Jeopardy with her every time you see her. It is unfair and unnecessary to put her on the spot like that." If/when she protests, simply tell her that she does not know...
My son started listening to a couple chapters a night when he was almost three. I agree that they are good conversation starters. They are very formulaic, but I think that with the younger set, that rhythm brings comfort as there is always a moment when Jack and Annie are in peril. Knowing that they will make it back to Frog Creek is reassuring.
My DS has been watching Mythbusters for about a year. He tries to come up with myths for us to send in or find reasons to have them blow up our car. I have had to explain that Adam and Jamie use some words that are not appropriate for him. We also watch the occasional Dirty Jobs and Build it Bigger. There is very little on Discovery that we don't allow, now that I think about it. How It's Made is another great one. We do like the DVR so that he can fastforward...
Quote: Originally Posted by Danaoc countrybound, you are such a brave mama to travel with a little guy! I did it once for 11 hours to Europe and swore to NEVER get on a plane again with my kid. In fact, I think KidAir is my new business idea where planes are retrofit with play areas, NICE flight attendants who actually understand how babies/kids act, and soundproof rooms with beds where Mama & baby can nurse/sleep. Oh, baby, I am in!!!
Quote: Originally Posted by transformed OMG Its fate. I was JUST thinking of posting about yelling because ALL day I have been yelling! I havent been yelling in like a -"Outta control mama" way today, but my 4 year old keeps talking and talking and talking and when I get down at his level to talk to him, he ignores me OR even more often, he just talks and talks and talks and wont be quiet and let me have a turn. So I yell. And he HEARS me. ...
One thing to remember is that the way they think of testing boundaries and the way we see it is totally different. We see them trying to push to the edge of what is allowed. They are pushing to see, "When I do this, am I still loved? Am I still accepted?" At this age they are learning that they can influence their environment through their actions. "If I am different, is mommy still the same?" The other thing that children do is make a game out of something they...