or Connect

Posts by herbsgirl

Exactly how to brew an infusion   Put 1/4 cup heaping red raspberry leaf into a glass jar. (1/4 oz) Set aside the lid   Boil 1 cup water, pour over raspberry leaves, stir and cover tightly.   Let set 4-8 hours or overnight.   Strain and drink. I usually drink before going to bed...   For 2 cups infusion use 1/2 cup heaping raspberry leaf  1/2 oz      2 cups water   For 3 cups infusion use 3/4 cup heaping  raspberry leaf  3/4 oz     3 cups...
More info....   http://www.mothering.com/community/t/633692/red-raspberry-leaf-tea-when#post_7541870   .
Laboring at home for a while is usually a good idea...Read the bradley way of childbirth, it tells of the 3 different stages of labor and when the best time to go to the hospital, stories of how poeple did it and avoided a bunch of interventions...  Drinking the infusion could potentially speed up your labor, but everyone is different.      Nettle is actually quite popular to mix with Red Raspberry and I have read they are synergistic?  Jill the pill  said she did it this...
Dove84- Yes it is best to keep the herbs in the freezer all the time and use them from there. They will last at least a  year or so in the freezer. You can freeze the infusion, but I think I would rather drink it fresh to insure that it would work right.  
alot of midwive recomends alfalfa tablets  
there are stories across the internet of women who used the strong infusion during labor, some on mothering.  I have seen testemonials mainly of women who consistently drank infusion/tea have the most success, 1st baby or not. The infusion is more potent and in my opinion, gives the best chance of a shorter more successful labor. A person here on mothering said her midwife told her anything less than 1/2 cup of red raspberry is not enough to work.  I believe that 1 cup...
1st 2nd degree tear  pushed on my back 1 1/2 hours 8 lb 3 oz 2nd no tear, skid marks if any  pushed 15 minutes or so   8 lbs  6 oz 3rd no tear  pushed 15-20 minutes  6 lb 15 oz 4th no tear pushed 3 minutes  6 lb 5 oz  
Ok, my history is 4 children. 1st one, borderline gest. diabetes,  2nd, 3rd and 4th gestational diabetes. Now I am 25 weeks pregnant. This time I am taking 4000 vitamin D.     My fasting blood sugars are 88, 85, and 92 recently.   I can eat sugary sugary stuff for breakfast and my 1 hour post meals aprox. are  97 and 95 after sugary stuff recently....     I ate a piece of pie and my 1 hour post was 95 this morning. The other day, a bowl of sugary cereal, one...
Red Raspberry infusions steeped 4 hours (see Red Raspberry Leaf Tribe) have lowered my fasting blood sugars quite a bit of the time when I drink it just before going to sleep.  
Hi! Infusions are more potent and I am trying them this time.  Its best to work up slowly on the amount of red raspberry you use.  Starting at 18-20 weeks is a good time to start.  Infusions (Susan Weed Style) steep or let red raspberry sit in the water for at least 4 hours, then strain.   This pregnancy, I have started at 18 weeks or so more seriously and off and on, gradually have increased my red raspberry leaf to how much I use.  A good goal is to be drinking 4...