or Connect

Posts by herbsgirl

I guess mainly because of my experience that I recomended it especially for the 1st pregnancy, I tore 2nd degree with my 1st baby, 2nd 3rd and 4th no tears or if any just tiny or skid marks.   Im sure some poeple do tear in subsequent pregnancies! For sure, its a good preventative thing to do, but not absolutly necessary.    Ive read that doing it with essential oils is really good, helps ripen the cervix too!   Heres some links about Perinal massage with essential...
  THe tea is lukewarm probably after 30 minutes. I think its still fine to drink, and would still be quite effective in my opinion.  I believe it is best to drink infusions at least in the 2nd-3rd trimester Susan Weed style. (1/4- 1/2 cup red raspberry and let it set 4 hours at least.   Raspberry Leaf has a cumulative effect, so using it for a 3-4 months before delivery will get the best results possible.  I drink my infusions cold right before going to sleep.   Antdotal...
What does the dosage on the bottle say? In the 2nd trimester, you could take 1/2 of what the bottle says and working up to the full amount by the 3rd trimester, and by the last 8 weeks  
You need 18 bags of Traditional medicinals to make close to 1 oz of leaf put that in 2 cups of water, let steep 30 minutes that is for labor
I dont know much about gathering your own leaves     The  link for the quotes is here...  Its Susan Weed's article. Its alot of places. http://www.susunweed.com/Article_Pregnancy_Problems.htm
Well, I think I might be sleeping better and deeper scince starting the RRL infusion right before bed!  I  found an article by a midwife that says RRL helps you sleep better....     http://articles.beeyoutiful.com/2009/01/27/red-raspberry-leaf/  
Im always researching stuff! I especially like the testemonials from people, that tells me alot!   Here is a very good testemonial, a midwife who did a study on 4 women who took 2 cups of Red Raspberry Infusion during the 3rd trimtester, then chugged a quart to a gallon during labor. They had 3-4 hour births! Its further down in the post. My 4th birth was 24 hours...
Im not sure but the RRL infusions might have relaxed my uterus more, possibly less braxton hicks?  I had a Braxton hicks this morning but I couldnt hardly feel it, unless I put my hand on my stomach. Someone else made this observation too, that her uterus was having nice Braxton hicks and she couldnt feel them!!!  That shows you how good RRL tones!!     Read this post...it tells how one woman experienced...
There is a caution for women who have preterm labor with Red Raspberry. But on the other hand, some wom(en say in the pregnancy she took Red raspberry she had no preterm labor so  when she had it in previous pregnancy, so I guess each woman has to decide what is best for her based on her own research.    I take Magnesium Natural Calm powder 2-3 tsp per day and that settles down contractions! Some women take that to help ward of preterm labor too, as it relaxes the...
Yes, you can get it from amazon. I got mine from Frontier coop for 6.18 a lb. You can get the same stuff on amazon for more expensive, but they have it. Loose leaf.  I thought about doing the teabags, so I ordered the Yogi. It was just a tiny tiny bit of red raspberry and all dried up in little kernels. Where as the loose leaf was fresher, fluffy. I made tea with the teabag, and with loose leaf. There was a difference! The teabag just tasted more weak or something. Im...