or Connect

Posts by herbsgirl

Yes, they are expensive I paid over 200 dollars for mine, but it is the real deal, and it does have an effect on my mood.   I got a light that Phillips company makes now, similar to this...   http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Hf3318-60-Energylight-White/dp/B003Y67GBS/ref=pd_sim_hpc_11  
Yay let us know how it works   My postpartum plan as follows, I will probably wait until I am done bleeding to do magnesium and PlusEPA.     1. Megafood Multivitamin or Prenatal 2.Garden of Life B complex-2 daily 3. 2-3 tsp Natural Calm magnesium 4. when bleeding is tapering off to nothing, start PlusEPA 4 gelcaps per day, one every 6 hours if having difficulty, otherwise 2 gelcaps twice a day   5. Use Lightbox 15 minutes every morning, optional 6....
Nutribiotic Grapefruit Capsules 125 mg  2 capsules 3x day for a couple weeks, then take dosage down gradually   Grapefruit seed extract instructions ...towards bottom of page more... http://www.breastfeedinginc.ca/content.php?pagename=doc-CP     Motherlove Thrush and diaper rash cream, put on nipples after each feeding   and the probiotics of course
After 4 children, 2 good breastfeeding experiences and 2 not so good experiences, Ive done quite a bit of research. I just found out about this Biological Nurturing/Laid back breastfeeding.  This could have helped me alot in all my challenges with my babies being early and not latching properly ect... It is supported by research and it makes sense!   some of my problems were sleepiness for weeks, not interested in nursing ect... According to Suzanne's research, late...
I used the Ameda Purely Yours and it worked well for years, then  I got a Lansinoh Double Electric in 2008 which is just like the Ameda Purely Yours.  The lansinoh NO longer markets the Ameda pumps. Its the Affinity, and Ive read those arent as good with suction  as they could be?   You can purchase an Ameda Purely Yours off of amazon for a good...
I used an Ameda Purely Yours to pump exclusivly for my baby and then went to a large professional Ameda. Used an identical pump the Lansinoh Double Electric that is just like the Ameda.   The Ameda has removed 8-10 oz from each breast at one pumping for me! It makes a good letdown, and  it works for me. The Ameda was also strong enough to pull my milk supply up from almost nothing to normal and  full again, by pumping dry or nearly dry every 2 hours. It works!
The OmegaJoy appeared to be doing ok for a while, then I got pregnant ect. I can tell the PlusEPA is one of the best fish oil for anxiety, depression, or OCD problems.  IT just seems that the OMega JOy doesnt cut it as good as the PlusEPA.  I will say that the OmegaJoy does absorb some, because I  have sort of highly vivid extreme dreams with this!!   I am doing the OmegaJoy with adding in some DHA later on for baby's brain, then hopefully transfer just back to...
Thanks for the replys. It sounds like there is a chance I could have a good experience again.  I would try to feed the baby every 3 hours or so, if they refused, pumped a bit off so I could keep my supply, then I started pumping so much, that when I would stop, my supply dwindled to nothing, one of the babies suck was so weak I think. The other baby couldnt latch properly, I was in the hospital with mastitis so I just pumped till 5 -6 weeks and then put her on formula, I...
I am pregnant and expecting my 5th, God willing.  I Had a good breastfeeding experience with my 1st (38 1/2 weeks) 8 lb 3 oz son, good breastfeeding experience with my 2nd daughter (38 weeks) 8 lb 6 oz. Then a really bad experience with  my 3rd son (38 weeks) 6 lbs 15 oz. Another bad experience with my daughter (38 weeks) 6 lb 5 oz.   The problems I had were weak suck, incorrect latch, refusing or uninterested in breastfeeding. It seems like the smaller the baby, the...
Because to treat depression, they say that this is good to have No DHA.  Ive decided to save the PlusEPA for Postpartum when I usually deal with depression. Im going to add in a little extra DHA for baby.