or Connect

Posts by giddiegoof

By the way, I hope I didn't sound anti-c-section.  I would say that my third birth was a healing experience for me, but for someone else a c-section may be more healing/comforting than feeling as though you had resigned yourself to incontinence.  I also forgot to mention that the surgeon who repaired my fistula advised me to have future babies by c-section, and reading many posts here from moms who delivered vaginally, post-surgery, inspired me to try the same.  It was a...
I had a 4th degree tear that developed (or maybe was from the beginning, just not diagnosed) a fistula with fecal incontinence.  I was scheduled to have it repaired and discovered I was expecing my second child - no repair surgery at that point!  I found a homebirth midwife who delivered my baby in a waterbirth.  The fistula remained unchanged.  I had the repair surgery when he was 6 months old, and then about 22 months after, delivered my 3rd at home (came too fast to...
Hi Jodie,   Did your new doctor get upset with you at all that your kids hadn't had well visits?  We see a former pediatrician (so she is an MD) who now only practices naturopathy.  She doesn't do well visits like a regular ped with weights & measures or even a thorough "poking, prodding" exam - she checks what she feels she needs to, but says we should have a regular pediatrician for well child visits, who has hospital priveledges.    I am currently taking my...
Laohaire - it's awesome that you've only got three and a half years left till your student loans are paid off! Have you ever signed up for freecycle in your area? It's a yahoo group where people post things they're getting rid of or things they need and everything is free. We've gotten and given lots of things through there, and during yard sale season lots of clothes, etc end up on there. I'm about to post for myself (down another size post partum, praise the Lord,...
My husband started college full time at a state school right after high school and was also working full time to pay for it. After 2 weeks, the program wasn't as he had anticipated, and he felt like he was killing himself with school & work (he probably should have done school part-time instead). Anyway, he dropped out so he could get 95% of his tuition back. 3 years later, his little sister is starting college at an expensive out of state private school and his parents...
Hi! My husband and I are on baby step #2. We just finished our budget for the next 4 weeks tonight. We feel like this step is taking FOREVER - it is a large student loan that his parents took out without telling him (yes, it's in his name; he believed them when they said they were paying for college and signed papers without reading them well). We're a single income family with two little boys & he's a teacher doing occasional side jobs. I can't seem to get my act...
Hi, I think that if I were in your situation, I would also pursue the possibility of a homebirth with a midwife. I had my first in the hospital in a situation very much like yours (coached pushing and everyone yelling at you, legs held, on back, etc). I ended up with a 4th degree that I think was actually a small fistula from the beginning but I didn't realize it. Long story short, 3 yrs later I was pregnant ("oops" - just before I was ready to schedule repair...
Hi, I posted before about being pregnant with a rv fistula... tomorrow I see the surgeon to find out about the possibility of being repaired before I'm due (8/30). Anyone out there who prays, I'd appreciate prayers for strength and peace for that appt! I tend to get really emotional when I'm stressed! Thankfully, I have a homebirth midwife who doesn't have a problem delivering whether I am repaired or not, although she'd rather have me repaired before delivery - I'd...
Thank you. I know that ultimately this is up to my husband and I to decide... I will be meeting with a midwife this week and probably a surgeon in a couple weeks. Any other thoughts would be most welcome. Of course we just want a safe delivery for baby and me, but I've been so freaked out by everything I've read about c-section and have been so committed to natural birth in the past that it's really difficult for me to consider that direction.
Hello, I have a 2 mm fistula resulting from my son's birth almost 3 yrs ago. I had a 4th degree internal tear toward the rectum with his birth (nonmedicated, hospital birth with 8 minutes of coached non-stop pushing since his heartrate went down anytime I wasn't pushing). I didn't realize I had a fistula until he was about 9 months old, and at the time I realized was w/o insurance or money for repair. I was diagnosed at a percent-of-income clinic by a resident who...