or Connect

Posts by porcelina

Wow, everyone, yes, I am also very uncomfortable!! I have to sleep slightly elevated because I have heartburn and congestion, so it is hard to breathe, but then I have been waking up to my fingers being completely asleep from carpel tunnel/nerve compression while sleeping. It is so painful! Oh, and I can't forget my tendency (even nonpregnant) to dry cough at night, especially if I forget to turn on the humidifier, and then I often pee myself. Yuck! I'm 37 weeks on Monday....
I am paying close attention to this all the time! My first was OP and it was not fun. My second was LOA and it went more smoothly. I spent as long as I could in labor on hands and knees. Then when I couldn't do that anymore I went to left side/front prone. This time I pay very close attention to baby's kicks!! She was kicking to the front at about 32 weeks. I asked the chiro for a Webster adjustment, and she turned to a better position, almost LOA. Now I feel a hard back...
My RE also told me my estrodiol was low in early pregnancy. He gave me supplements, and when I went to the prescription, I was told by the pharmacy that I should not take it during pregnancy because it could cause birth defects. I was freaked out! I talked to the nurse, and she said that actually the amount that would cause problems would be much greater than what I was given. I took one pill, and then decided to stop! At my next draw my estrodiol was fine. I figured I was...
Yep, working until due date here as well! I get to work from home anyway, so it is not that awful. Question is whether I will be able to get done what I need to!! How much leave are you all taking?
Sgvmom, we are getting the rooms done staggered, so maybe could leave windows open and door closed in one room the first night, and sleep in the other room. Is overnight enough? I guess it is better than nothing! Would be harder to do with the kids room--they are so into routine!
Amy, sounds like you have the perfect attitude for twins! You will take it in as it comes!! I have a friend with twins who has found a twin moms support group to be a huge help -- hopefully you can get plugged in to the moms of multiples community near you!   lsanchez, I have gained about as many pounds as weeks, which is pretty typical for my pregnancies. I know a lot is NOT baby, but hey, I'll take off the pounds later. :)   My first labor was about 17 hours from...
This topic is on my mind as we are getting new carpeting installed next week! I have been reading up on VOCs and it seems like the best option is to ask the installer to air it out for a couple of days if possible, and also to fill your house with houseplants! (Unfortunately, few of mine have lasted our last cross-country move and the expansion of our family from 2 to 4!, so I am going to pick up some more). Does anyone have any other helpful hints?
gizzyntaz, yes, I feel so huge and am only 34 weeks! Bummer about the carseat issue! We need to see if ours fit in there properly! I think I have a project for DH for this weekend! Wow on placenta. I have too much ick factor for that.   Ahavati, wow you are close then! My last two went to 40, so I think I have a ways to go yet!   Tabitha, how did the shower go?   lsanchez, only in late pregnancy do we think we need to scrub the walls, right? I was cleaning all the...
Hey, I started a February Chat! http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1397178/february-chat
Is anyone still around? Our DDC is so quiet!! I remember so much more activity back in 2010, but I guess that was before so many people were active in other social media.   Anyway, how are you guys doing? Anyone else getting tons of Braxton-Hicks? I get them, along with cramping. For a while I was a bit worried (was getting painful ones, more than 4 an hour a couple of nights in a row), but they have slowed down a bit since I started taking it easier, and so I'm not so...